ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 | wckd

WCKD

⋆✤⋆

Everyone ran outside to the open field in the middle of the Glade, specifically where the wooden three-tiered structure was. The other Gladers were dodging falling rocks and other small things while some had wooden boards to cover them from the falling debris. Newt grabbed a board and used it to shield himself and Rae.

"Chuck, what's going on?" Rae yelled over the commotion.

"Girls are awesome," the plump boy replied with a smile, still trying to duck from the flying objects.

"Leave me alone!" the girl from the box said at the top of the structure. How did Jeff lose control of the new girl?

"We just wanna talk," Rae said, hoping to convince the girl to stop throwing those things, hoping the voice of another girl would calm her down.

"I'm warning you!" the girl ignored Rae's attempt and continued what she was doing before until Thomas said, "Hey, it's Thomas! It's Thomas! I'm gonna come up, okay?" The girl stopped and peered over the railing. One could barely make out her electric blue eyes.

"Just me. I'm coming up." Thomas slowly climbed the ladder and when he made it to the top, the girl was pointing a knife at him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, just... Easy, all right?"

"Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?"

"This is all normal. Okay? We've all been through this. Okay? Your name will come back to you in a couple of days. It's the one thing that..."

"Teresa," the girl said.

"Teresa, I'm Thomas. But you already knew that, though, I guess, huh?"

"They said I kept saying your name in my sleep. Who are you?"

"I don't know. I-I can't remember. None of us here can remember anything. We all woke up here just like you did. Hey, I promise..." Thomas slowly reached over and gently took the knife from Theresa.

"What's going on up there? Is she coming down?" called Newt from the ground.

"Um... Hey, listen, you guys just give us a second, okay?"

"Is this what all girls are like?" asked Frypan, scratching his head, but he walked away when he saw the look Rae was giving him.

"'She's the last one.' What does that mean?"

"I'm not sure. Ever since you came up, that Box hasn't gone back down. I just think it's got everyone a little worried. Especially Gally."

"He thinks it's my fault."

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?"

"I remember water... feeling like I was drowning. These faces staring at me. And this woman's voice saying the same thing over and over."

"'Wicked is good.' Ever since I've been here, I've had these dreams. Well, I thought they were dreams. You... You were there. You were there... and you told me that everything was gonna change."

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know. I just always get pieces."

"And the others don't remember anything?"

"No. Why are we different?"

Teresa reached into her pocket and pulled out two vials of a blue liquid. "These were in my pocket when I came up."

"'W.C.K.D.' 'Wicked is good.'"

"What if we were sent here for a reason?"

"Alby."

~~~

a/n

sorry this chapter sucks

xoxo meg