ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖 | rae

RAE

⋆✤⋆

Rae watched Thomas climb the wooden ladder to get to the girl. Hopefully, he would be able to talk her down and get her to understand where she was. Normally, that was Rae's job to get Greenie's accustomed and feel welcomed, but she trusted that Thomas would be able to get the job done as well since the girl didn't want to talk with anyone else. When Thomas reached the top of the three tiers, Rae could hear the two talking. To leave them alone, Rae turned to the Gladers, telling them to get back to work. The only person who remained after everyone left was Newt.

The redhead could understand that Newt wanted to say something, so she let him by trying not to look so intimidating. "What I said yesterday... I didn't mean it," Newt spilled.

"So, you don't care about me?"

"No, no, I meant that I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm just glad you came back alive." With that Newt walked away, leaving the girl alone. 

She wanted to call after him, tell him she needed him. Walking briskly, Rae ended up at the wooden shower stalls. She went inside one, locking the door behind her to cut herself from the chaos of the Glade. It was as if a new problem arose one after the other.

With things so different now, Rae realized she couldn't do this by herself. But she pushed Newt so far away that she didn't know if he'd be willing to forgive her. She didn't know they would reconcile after everything she put him through. It wasn't fair of Rae to do that even though she felt the same way about him.

She needed to accept the fact that her feelings for that blonde boy were as real as the rain that fell upon the Glade, and the sun that shone in all the crevices of the maze, and the fact that he is all she wanted. 

But what was more important: getting out of there or getting the boy she wants?

That was the part that was killing Rae on the inside the most.

~~~

a/n

this chapter is supposed to be rlly important, but my writer's block is just so bad, so hopefully, i'll be able to fix this chapter once the book is done. just bear with me on this one guys.

xoxo meg