Chapter 14

Your P.O.V /Third Person P.O.V
5Days

We walked into a dim lit room. One dark and romantically lit. If it wasn't for this situation you would assume Mark was taking you on a date but he wasn't. He was just your friend atleast your assuming so. There was a long table, man with demon horns sitting at the head. Then another man handsome as the first sitting next to the man by the head. You were intimidated by their stares and the way they looked you up and down. The man without the horns smiled at you softly.

 The man without the horns smiled at you softly

" Princess Y/n. Come sit." The one with horns insists. His smile seemed force and crooked. Mark pulled out a chair for me and I sat down, thanking him. Mark sat next to me being the in-between from me and The Horned Man.

" I, my dear am King Lucious." The Horned Guy introduces, a smirk adorning his features. Your eyes widened before they narrowed.

" Hello Y/n. I am Prince Taemin. It's nice to meet you." the one across from Mark smiles. I nod and smile. Taemin was cute and very handsome, his looks were intimidating and smooth but Mark still won your number one by all matters whatsoever. Though Mark's behavior was odd towards you, somehow he still held a special place in your heart. King Lucious snapped his fingers just like Queen Nila, maids flooded out from the doors behind him.
They put a soup dish down in front of us with various spoons. You looked at the spoons hesitantly not wanting to embarrass yourself. You felt a small tap on your thigh and looked down to see Mark with 3 fingers indicating for spoon three. You smiled flushed before lifting the spoon up.

" So the Angels haven't taught you proper etiquette." King Lucious scowled slightly. You sighed with a glare.

" Sir, I think you want to be on my good side." You say annoyance laced in your voice. Mark and Taemin snickered slightly seeing their fathers shocked face. You were annoyed at yourself, your brothers, and at this point almost everything you didn't mean to snap but you had 5 Days to make a decision or something terrible would happen, you just felt it.

" I see Princess Y/n. I apologize." King Lucious stiffened. You nod avoiding eye contact. You felt his gaze on as he sipped on his soup.
" Now let's get down to business, shall we?"

You nod and inhale, getting yourself at least a little bit ready to process the information about to be given to you.

" Your father was a demon and your mother an angel. They fell in love and had you. Demons and Angels lived in harmony and peace because of this union. Until your 5th birthday, you lived between the two worlds. On your fifth birthday an angel had killed a demon causing  a rumble and complete chaos broke out. Your parents were both banished by Queen Nila into realms unknown by any of ur. War broke, demons and Angels died alongst each other. It was complete bloodshed, until it was too much. We then formed a treaty, Angels don't come here, Demons do the same on the Angels side.  After years of you being on Earth a prophecy was formed by the Gods above. 'A child - "You cut him off remembering what Mark said that day.

" A child born of dark and light must choose a side. Child is beginner and destroyer. Power and Weakness. " I finish. King Lucious smirks.

" The reason we tried to kill you was because we knew your would choose the Angels side as your brothers are them. Most of your family is. You would choose their side over ours. You MUST choose a side. On the day of your birthday a war shall break, you must choose your side to fight with. That is the will of a pureblood. " The Demon King glared emphazing the 'must'. Tears brimmed your eyes.

" I don't want to kill anyone. " King Lucious smirk turned into one of wicked.

" Oh my dear. You'll have to choose a side. " King Lucious smirked smugly. You glared at him before standing up.

" Dad!" Mark glared standing up too. The King glared at his youngest son before returning his attention on you.

" I-I have heard enough." You scowl before walking away but you stopped as the Dark King spoke once again. Mark followed behind you.

" Your father was my friend, a very good friend of mine. Think about him. Wherever he is." The Demon King smiled sadly. You narrow your eyes.
" We were best friends until he was banished. You were like a daughter to me. Now we don't know where he is."

" Why did Queen Nila banish my parents? " I snare. The King's expression saddens.

" I don't know. I'm not sure. I never was." He answered standing up. Taemin watches his father silently in pity. He's never seen his father so...so sad.
" Please Y/n choose the right side. For your father. "

That was the last thing you heard before you bowed and left the room. Tears brimmed your eyes but a cold hand wiped them away. You looked up and saw Mark in front of you with an understanding look.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nod and wipe my tears.

" Yes I am. I j-just need time." I say avoiding eye contact. Mark grabs my chin, gently making me look at him. We stare at each other silently before he leans in. My eyes widened.

" Y/n. Your gorgeous. " Mark whispered against my lips. I could feel his hot breath against my lips. I blushed, my face feeling hot.

" Your h-handsome." You answer back, making Mark's ears redden. Mark closed his eyes for a moment before pulling away, a sad sigh escaping his lips.

"Let's go to the field." He sighed. You frowned but nodded blushing.

Was....Was he just about to kiss me?

I've never kissed anyone.

Mark made a portal and we stepped through it. I sat down on the grass as it closed. The stars shined brightly against the dark sky.

_-_-_-_