Kirishima 2

Title: I hear you singing, even if your far. See, it's a riddle!

Concept: You know that tiktok trend with the "Everybody talks" song and your anime soulmate can hear you? Yeah that's this.

Y/n was a great singer, even from a young age. Sadly, at the age of 12, they lost their hearing. The turned deaf, from beigg Nd to close to the pro hero "Present Mic" during a villain attack. He must have shouted pretty loud, y/n was half a mile away. (We're just gonna pretend hearing aids don't exist, okay?)

Y/n didn't want to give up on singing, though.
"If Beethoven can do it, than so can I!" Is what they would sign when people said they couldn't.

But singing isn't like playing a piano. You can memorize keys, but you have to get your voice to a point. When they tried, they would try to remember how it felt to sing at a certain note. It didn't work.

So y/n quit. Of course, they would hum to tunes they memorized, or jingles to commercials out of habit.

And Kirishima was... concerned about his soulmate.

"WHAT IF THEY DIED? I DON'T WANNA BE ALONE FOREVER!" He would whine to his family.

"It's fine, they probably just don't like singing anymore." They would respond.

"BUT WHAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED?!?"

Y/n did learn to live with it, though. Of course they missed singing, but they had other habits now. Sure it took a whole year to get over it... but still... life was going better!

And then y/n was accepted into UA. Even if they were quirkless. (YES, I HAVE HAD THIS IDEA FOREVER HERE YOU GO!) Something they liked doing, even when they sang, was working out with their dad. He was a pro hero and worked out lots, though went easy on them.

When they went deaf, he went harder on them. It distracted them from the sadness, which was perfect. They had the best time working out with their dad. And when they were 14, they were jacked. That plus the fact that the agency their dad worked at let them tag along sometimes, and they were the perfect person for a quirk less hero.

And y/n was ecstatic. They were so happy. Before going to UA, they were constantly on runs or at the home gym, and sometimes at the local gym to be with friends. Their friends would often just sit around and talk to them while they worked out, though.

(It's weird talking about someone who works out all the time when I'm kinda chubby and hate working out, lol)

They came into the 1-A home room with a bright, giant smile. Until the realized.

"I won't understand anyone!" They thought. They covered their face, trying to keep away the embarrassment and lack of thought.

Y/n caught the attention of a green haired boy. He looked like a price of broccoli.

"Hi!"

Y/n assumed he said "Hi!" from their bad lip reading skills.

They waved, and slouched to get less attention.

"What's your ——–?"

Y/n pushed out a cracking "Uhh."
"Repeat that?" They signed out of of habit.
He tilted his head. Y/n blushed and pulled a piece of paper from their backpack.

Hi.
I'm Y/n, and before you ask I don't have a quirk.

The boy read the paper and y/n could tell he gasped.

When he thought about it and took the little amount he knew about them, it made sense.

They had the biggest muscles he could imagine a 14 year old having, and nearly crushed the pencil they wrote with.