Chapter 3: On the way to England

Louis approaches Eurus after his discussion with William, he is quite embarrassed.

(Louis): excuse me Eurus, I didn't want to hurt you.
(Eurus): don't worry, everything is fine. And then...now you know I can defend myself.
(Curtis): you better rest Eurus.

Curtis accompanies the girl to her room to rest.

(Louis): are you okay ?
(Bhaal): she was injured earlier.
(Louis): it's...my fault ?
(Bhaal): no, not at all. You saw that his eyes turned black, didn't you ?
(Louis): yes, and ?
(Bhaal): and every time that this product it makes her weaker...
(William): That's why they're looking for her.

Curtis comes downstairs to join the others.

(Curtis): She's in bad shape...
(Bhaal): I'd better go see her. We will meet in 1 hour at the station. And make sure you privatize the train... just so Louis doesn't kill everyone he finds inside...
(Louis): very funny Bhaal. I'm not that bad you know
(Biakhov): guys, we said in an hour so Bhaal you go up and we go.
(Bhaal): ok see you later. Curtis, come with me.
(Curtis): good sir.

The two boys arrive in the girl's room, she watches the other end of the team go out the window.

(Eurus): where are they going like that ?
(Curtis): They're going to the station.
(Eurus): and you ? Why didn't you go ?
(Bhaal): we will meet them in 1 hour. For now, I have to take care of you ...

Eurus takes a step back, frightened.

(Curtis): Don't worry, Bhaal just wants to know why you get weaker every time, he won't hurt you.

Bhaal auscultates the girl for about thirty minutes.

(Bhaal): I don't understand.
(Curtis): Bhaal we're gonna have to go, you'll see that in Durham.
(Eurus): in Durham ?
(Curtis): yes, the black elites of Durham have asked us to join them there.
(Bhaal): we are waiting for you downstairs, get your things ready quickly.

the girl looks at Curtis questioningly.

(Eurus): o-okay
(Curtis): I know...he's pretty tough. But it's not against you. He couldn't find what was going on with you, he's... unsettled. Don't blame him.

the two friends get off to join the third and leave quickly for the station so as not to miss their train...