Chapter 22: Decision

(Curtis): you know I'm an open minded person sir. If you don't want to talk to me right now I understand you know ?
(Louis): no but...it's just that...I would like you to stay with me, for the alignment.
(Curtis): I thought you had to be alone...
(Louis): it is. But I don't think I can get out of it this time.
(Curtis): how's that ?
(Louis): do you know what a partial shade really is ?
(Curtis): not totally. You just have more control over him.
(Louis): that's it. But it may end up becoming a full-fledged shadow one day...
(Curtis): Do you think it will be tonight ?
(Louis): yes. I wish someone was there... just in case.
(Curtis): just in case what, sir ?
(Louis): in case I don't survive it.
(Curtis): that...wait, that is not possible. Is there any way to stop him from hurting you ? Why not ask Bhaal, he is a doctor after all. Or even at Eurus, she already has a shadow.
(Louis): Eurus is too fragile, she will not stand it. And for Bhaal, it is Opium that risks doing him harm.
(Curtis): hm...good. and what can i do ?
(Louis): you are the most stable person I know psychologically, he will not be able to reach you. I just want you to stay near me just in case. If you see it starting to escalate, I want you to kill me.
(Curtis): That I...no, I couldn't.
(Louis): you've already done it.
(Curtis): These people didn't mean anything to me. You are a friend, and others are counting on you. You cannot abandon them. Not like this.
(Louis): If you let him, he will kill you all as much as you are. You're not going to let him do it, are you ?
(Curtis): is there really no other way ?

Louis just looks Curtis in the eye. He understands that this is the decision and that he will not be able to change his mind.