Chapter 3

Belle couldn't contain her excitement! She was meeting Lou for dinner and drinks so that they could have a good old catch up and start getting organised for the Big Reunion tour. Lou was going to all of the gigs with Jimmy and Belle wanted all the inside information. She saw Lou approaching the entrance to the restaurant and waved like a madwoman! Passers by gave her a few funny looks but she didn't care. Her best friend was here and it was party time!

Kathleen sighed as she looked at her sister. "I'm not even sure where to start." she said.

"At the beginning?" Kayley suggested.

"Ok, well do you remember my friend Mark from years ago?" Kathleen asked.

"You mean the hot guy that all the girls fancied? The one that left to join some band or other?"

"Yeah well it wasn't just some band or other. It's Mark from A1." Kathleen announced.

Kayley froze, her expression one of complete shock. "Your best friend is Mark Read?" she asked, not quite believing it.

"Was my best friend. I haven't seen or spoken to him in years." Kathleen said, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

"There's more though isn't there?" Kayley questioned, knowing her sister.

Kathleen hesitated. She wasn't quite sure if she was ready to admit it, even to herself, but it was going to come out sooner or later. "I loved him. It broke my heart when he left." she said.

Kayley took one look at her sister's face and said "You still love him don't you?"

"Yes."