t e n | hermione

continuation of last chapter

also,  I have altered some things about Delphi Diggory's origin. Like how she goes to Hogwarts and how she was not sheltered all her childhood.  Otherwise, everything remains the same basically. HOPE YOU ENJOY !

I lean agianst the concrete wall. My fists begin to clench as I try and restrain myself from freaking out, biting the side of my lip I tilt my head up as I close my eyes.

Memories of a time I had blocked from my consious soon come rushing in. I could still invision her grimace demented face peering over mine as she laid a top my frail body. I could still feel Bellatrix's dagger as it cut into my skin, my blood curdling scream, I still had the scar to prove it. And to think that now, 20 years after her rightful death, she had spawned in the form of her child; it haunted me. I hold my hand to my chest as my heart begins to palpitate, my eyes had now filled with small tears, and my mind was aloof.

Draco places his hand on my shoulder. "Granger, don't worry" he says in his best comforting voice.

I furrow my eyebrow as I take his hand off, how could he say that. I had every reason to worry, it would be more worrying if I did not.

" How can't I worry Draco, she's already killed 5 and petrified at least 15. My daughter is trapped in a school with a killer and there's nothing I can do-". A solemn tear fell down my cheek; my body looked calm compared to how tangled my mind was. A couple more escape as they coursed down my pale face.

Draco dosen't move, he is almost statue like. He holds his arm as he stands and watches me. I didn't blame him, he must've thought I was overreacting.

Ron soon emerges from the kitchen, he darts towards my direction and he holds me in his embrace. It took him a couple of minutes to clock that Malfoy was standing right behind him, when he did he pounced on him as he held his wand at the temple of Draco's head.

"Ronald Weasley, drop that wand this instant !" I demanded

I quickly snatch his wand as I push him away. I did not have love for the blonde, but I still wasn't gonna risk Ron hexing him.

"Woah, easy there Weasel-" he chuckles.

Ron rolls his eyes, " Tell me why you're here Malfoy, and tell me why you've upset my wife".

"I haven't upset her, I haven't touched a hair on her head. I apparated here to tell Potter about the girl, the one who's been on a murder spree at Hogwarts-". he hands Ron the picture he had shown me, as Ron looked back at me with confusion.

"Delphini Diggory, who is-"

" She's the one who's been petrifing muggleborns, the one who has been killing people. She's the daughter of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange. Ron, she's the Heir of Slytherin" I say, cutting him off.

Ron's dumbfounded expression soon changes, he examines the photograph in disbelief. Running his hand through his hair he looks up at Draco as he stepped aside to let him into the Potter home.

When Draco enters both Harry and Ginny rise to there feet.

"Draco?-" Harry murmurs. He didn't approach him angrily, he didn't even question why Draco was in his home in the first place. It was like he knew Draco had come to tell him something important.

Harry motions us towards his dining room table, as we sit a sharp silence falls between all four of us for a brief second. Ginny sits next to me, she taps my shoulder as she leans in closer.

"Malfoy has been acting rather out of character don't you think?" the readhead asked in an inquisitive voice.

"Gin, he's grown. Did you expect him to be the same unruly child he was during our teen years ?"  I simply retort.

Draco pulled out more items from his coat pocket. It was documentation confirming Delphini's birth, along with other things, like a locket, and a piece of paper.

Draco opens the paper and he begins to read it out loud. " Nobody must know of her exisitence, she must be forbidden to be in contact with any child, she is dangerous. The child, born on March 25th 1998 due to a liasion, has already shown signs of dark magic. She kills innocent animals by using parceltounge to control the family's snake. She holds powers that she does not know of, she is naive, but Delphi is not innate. "

Harry snatches the paper from Malfoy as he reads it again, putting on his glasses to check for accuracy. I glance at Draco, he fumbles with the locket, his eyes filled with worry.

I take in a sharp intake of breath as I sit up straight. I try and think of words to say in response to what I had just heard, but it was like my mind had become a pit of nothingness. All I could do in that moment was think about Rose, about.

Lilith

I suddenly turn more numb then I had previously, my brain turns fuzzy as I slightly shudder. I couldn't believe I didn't think of her, my eldest daughter, what kind of a mother was I. Delphini must been in the same year as her, in the same classes.

I need to save her, before it's too late.