Chapter 5: Boy, Everything She Wants is Everything She Sees

Bonnie, Clyde, Tricky, and Baby sat in the plush seats of Mr. Henry William's limo as it whisked them away from the chaotic scene. The tension in the air was palpable as they awaited their arrival at his penthouse. The limo sped through the city streets, weaving through traffic with practised ease.

Inside the limo, Bonnie couldn't help but feel a mix of curiosity and apprehension. Mr. William's mention of knowing Danny intrigued her. She had always been curious about his past and the connections he might have had. Now, here was an opportunity to learn more through one man who could have the answers they sought.

As they reached their destination, the limo stopped outside an elegant high-rise building. Mr. William led them through a private entrance, bypassing the lobby and taking them directly to the penthouse suite. It was lavishly decorated, with elegant furnishings and tasteful artwork adorning the walls. The plush seating area invited them to unwind, and the large windows offered stunning city skyline views. The calming atmosphere was a welcome change from the chaos they had just escaped, leaving Bonnie in awe.

Once they were settled in the opulent living room, Mr. William gestured for them to sit. He poured glasses of fine whiskey, offering one to each of them.

"I must admit, I never expected to see you here tonight," Mr. William began, his voice filled with a mix of nostalgia and curiosity. "Danny and I were acquaintances back in the day. We ran similar circles, you see. Nice lad with etiquette mannerisms. Hence starting up the Liontrust Special Situations trust fund."

Bonnie leaned in, her curiosity piqued by the mention of Danny's name.

"What about Danny?" She asked, her voice filled with anticipation.

Mr. William took a sip of his whiskey, his gaze distant as memories flooded back.

"The day before he was murdered," he began, his voice low and serious, "Danny came to me with some crucial information about Mr. Sharon. He didn't specify exactly what it was but seemed deeply concerned about Mr. Sharon's offer to help run the trust fund with us. At the time, I didn't think much of it before the news came that he was murdered, but after he passed, the strange hunch came to mind that he might have tried to warn me. Before he left, he instructed that if anything were to happen to him, the answers lie in Barclays Bank inside a safety deposit box numbered 6891."

"6891?" Bonnie repeated, making a mental note.

With a solemn expression, Mr. William reached into his pocket and presented Bonnie with a small key.

"I may be no genius," he affirmed, "but what I do know... whatever is in that box, it's Danny's dying message to you."

Bonnie accepted the key, her fingers brushing against its cold surface and her mind racing with questions. 

What could Danny have discovered about Isaac Sharon? 

And what was in safety deposit box 6891 that he deemed so vital?

"I hope this doesn't sound too vague, but why are you helping us, Mr. William, sir?" she asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

Mr. William's gaze softened as he looked at her.

"Call this out of character, but I seem to get a feeling that you are innocent," he replied. "Danny saved my life with the trust fund, and I owe him a debt. Helping you is my way of repaying that debt."

The weight of the key felt like the weight of the responsibility she now carried. Bonnie knew she had to find out, not just for Danny's sake, but to uncover the truth and seek justice for his murder.