Chapter 8: Noon Rendezvous

Later that night at the Four Seasons hotel...

"What should I wear to the joint tonight?" Tricky asked Clyde as he held up two outfits. "My Versace or my Bianucci?"

Clyde studied the suits for a moment, then pointed to one of them.

"I don't know, man, I think I like that blue," he replied.

During their day out, Clyde suggested that they spend the night at the clubs, watch him play his gig, and perhaps enjoy some gambling with the last of the money they had spent after. Bonnie said she would contribute by creating a fake ID for Baby since he was under 18, or use her father's ID to get them in, knowing she would take care of the details.

As Tricky prepared his outfit, he asked Clyde, "So, what time are we picking Bonnie up?"

"There's something I gotta take care of first," Clyde replied cryptically, fixing up Tricky's collar and tie.

"What?"

"Just something."

Tricky gave him a teasing look.

"You know I have to keep an eye on you," he reminded him. "Your name should be Tricky. Tricky Clyde."

Clyde smiled at his best friend's playful comment and looked at his watch.

"I'll meet you at the club in two hours," he said, keeping his cards close to his chest.

"Two hours?" Tricky exclaimed in surprise.

"Two hours."

"Alright, Clyde!"

🍸

As the sun began its descent, casting a golden hue across the city, Clyde arrived at the empty Hippodrome first, enjoying some music on the radio while waiting for Bonnie

As the sun began its descent, casting a golden hue across the city, Clyde arrived at the empty Hippodrome first, enjoying some music on the radio while waiting for Bonnie. He checked himself in the rearview mirror, making sure he looked presentable for the evening ahead. As he adjusted his attire and made sure his hair was in place, he noticed Bonnie's car approaching and gave her a nod of acknowledgement.

 As he adjusted his attire and made sure his hair was in place, he noticed Bonnie's car approaching and gave her a nod of acknowledgement