Chapter 9: Gigolos Get Lonely Too

At the Ritz, Tricky and Baby were waiting patiently for Bonnie and Clyde to arrive. The two of them were chatting and trying to make the best of the night, but as time passed and the occasional glances at their watches became more frequent, they exchanged knowing looks, both growing increasingly frustrated.

"Maybe you should head home and make peace with Clyde in the morning," Baby suggested, trying to encourage Tricky to mend things... and to stop drinking.

When the two hours were up, Tricky's patience wore thin.

"Never," he declared, shaking his head stubbornly. "He dogged me, he lied to me, he..."

He started listing all the ways he felt Clyde had wronged him, stumbling as he vented his grievances.

"Come on, man," Baby sighed, sensing his friend's frustration. "What's done is done, now let's go. You're drunk."

"Bonnie was my girl more than his!" Tricky argued, his voice slurring.

🍸

When Bonnie pulled over and parked the car outside the mansion's gates, Wally and Brookes, provoked by this move, pulled up behind them, ready to make their move. However, before they could address their followers, Clyde turned to Bonnie with a softer, more intimate approach to divert their attention.

"Kiss me," he whispered.

Understanding his intention, Bonnie leaned in and passionately kissed him, their lips locked in a display of defiance. It was a calculated move, meant to distract their pursuers and buy some time. After the intense moment passed, Bonnie pulled away, her gaze filled with concern.

"You really don't love Mary, do you?" She asked, giving him a questioning look.

"I don't do kiss-and-tell, remember?" Clyde replied, his gaze locked on her. "But kiss me first, and they'll think twice about causing trouble."

Before Bonnie could respond, their moment was abruptly interrupted by Tricky, who appeared intoxicated and accompanied by Baby, trying to hold him back.

"Say now! Don't you two make a sexy couple?" He mocked them with a smirk on his face. "Where's the money, Clyde? I said, where's the money? 'I'll meet you at the club in two hours.'"

The exact promise his partner had broken.

"I got waylaid—" Clyde tried to explain himself.

"No," Tricky snapped. "You got laid. You dogged me, you lied to me, you broke the rules of our partnership, you're jive, and you got laid."

"Tricky, you know, I think you're cute, but you're not my wife."

"Why, you selfish son of a biscuit eater. I thought we were partners! This was supposed to be a night out, not a wild goose chase!"

"You're drunk."

"But, hey, guess what? You're stupid. I told you, never mix emotion with business. Deadly combination."

The couple exchanged glances, surprised to see him so agitated and confrontational.

"Don't think I didn't hear your conversation at Mr. William's the other night," he revealed, his tone sharp. "Yeah, that's right. I heard everything. I heard about the story with Isaac, but guess what? He left out the part that he testified to frame you, for Danny's murder! He said for fifty million, he'd consider it! Well, cousin, I want my cut! I want my 30% commission!"

Clyde's expression shifted, caught off guard by Tricky's exposure. He had kept that secret for years, but after four years, it was out in the open. Bonnie's face drained of colour and her mouth was left agape as she absorbed the revelation.