❀ But you were once like me ❀

The next day at school, I walk down the halls to my classroom as I look down at my phone.

"Luz. Luz? Luz!" I hear Gus call for me.

"What's wrong?" Willow asks. Oh yeah, I almost forgot I was walking with them.

"Oh, it's nothing." I reassure them.

Later I find myself running towards the student council room to have a conversation alone with Amity. But to my worst of luck, no one was there.

"Why am I even this frantic?" I place my hand on my face and let out a chuckle.

"You're here early, Noceda." I jump as I turn around to see Amity standing behind me, "Very professional of you." She smiled.

"Amity..."

We walk inside of the room and settle down.

"Boscha isn't here today due to family business, so we'll just finish up the paperwork from the other day together-"

"S-so..." I unconsciously interrupt her. She turns around making another "hmm" sound.

"Um.. what did you think of that boy? The other freshman that came by." I hesitantly ask.

"Oh, him. He'll be coming in to help us with council activities." She assured me. That's not what I really wanted to talk about. What's wrong with me?!

I sat down at the table near the windows. I looked down to see a cup of tea being placed in front of me. I looked up and saw Amity was the one who made it for me.

"T-thank you! I'm sorry for having you make it." I kept looking up at her.

"Don't worry, it's not a big deal." She smiled down at me, "Good thing we don't have much work to do today." She sat down next to me.

"So, I can take my time to listen to what you have to say." She leaned her head over on her fist and stared at me. I was confused.

"Huh?" I looked up.

"You look like you have something on your mind."

How did she know that? Am I really an open book?

---

By this time, it was sunset outside and I was telling my personal life to this person I just met.

"Responding to a confession? Hmm.." Amity seemed to be in deep thought, "If he's been waiting a whole month, he must be serious about this."

"Yeah, probably..." I looked down.

"I don't really know anything about him though, so I don't know if I can give you advice on whether to go out with him or not-"

"Oh, no. I've already made my decision." I turn to her, "I do like him as a friend, but I think I'll have to turn him down." I look down at the table. She just stares at me and listens intently.

"We were in the same class for three years, and we talked a lot. We'd even see each other outside of school, and it was fun to be with him."

*Flashback*

"Luz!" I heard someone running up to me, I turned around to see it was my friend, Mark.

"I want to tell you something after ceremony." He stood up straight.

"Oh? What could it be?" I turned around and playfully smiled at him.

The love you hear about in books and songs seems so magical...So when it was my turn, I was sure it would feel as though I sprouted wings, like I was floating through the air. That's what I hoped.