Chapter 13- Pearl's gift

Y/n had been in their bedroom since morning and Steven was starting to worry.

Is something wrong?

Steven thought walking upstairs with concern. He opens the door as the (h/c) haired girl hid whatever she was making to her chest. "Steven!" She hissed, surprising the brunette. "What are you doing?" Steven asked. "It's a surprise, you can't know." Y/n explained narrowing her eyebrows downward. "Um okay." Steven said closing the door. It was two days before Christmas, maybe it was a gift.

Y/n went back to working on her presents. Indeed she was making gifts. She planned on giving Mrs. Luna a hand knitted sweater, Garnet and big friendship shirt for Ruby and Sapphire, a ticket to a all you can eat food buffet for Ameythst, a shirt that said 'study buddies' for Connie, a ticket to Bubble land for Spinel,and Pearl a cool sword Y/n saw at an antique store. She had to sneak it in the house though, so Steven won't be so worried about why she has it. She was already working on Steven's.

Y/n

After I finished Steven's gift, I put each in a box and wrapped them up. All I needed to do now was-..."Hey Y/n I'm going out!" Steven shouted. "Okay, but if I'm not here I'm at the antique store!" I shouted back. I heard the door open and then close. The store isn't that far away, only a block down. I got up from the floor and walked downstairs. I put on my boots, gloves, and jacket before going outside. It wasn't as cold as yesterday, but there's still snow.

I walked over to the antique store, hearing the little bell jingle. The place smelled like peppermint and there was Christmas decorations everywhere. "Oh you're back, for the sword I presume?" Mr. Hoot asked. I nodded as he got out the sword. It was in a rectanglar glass display. The sword looked old, but it still looked shiney. I gave Mr. Hoot the amount it costed. "Now, this sword is heavier than it looks, so be careful." He warned. "I will." I stated as I took the sword. Geez, it was heavy!

I huffed over to the door and opened it with my back. I carried all the way back to the house ignoring the few stares I got. "Do you need help?" A tall buff guy asked. "No thank you." I declined. Finally getting to the house, It was hard to unlock the door, but I accomplished it. "Y/n, what's that?" Steven asked.

Steven

Steven looked over seeing the sword in a glass display. Steven flashed pink and rushed over, taking the sword away. "What are you doing with this?!" Steven almost yelled. "I-it's a-..." "You could've hurt yourself." Steven exclaimed caressing The (h/c) haired girls face with both hands. Y/n blushed, but ignored it. "It's a gift for Pearl." She explained, Steven sighed in releif before smiling. It's just a silly gift, nothing to worry about. "Alright, but I'm helping you wrap it." Steven said mentally realizing the situation he was in. Y/n wasn't gonna mail the gifts... She was gonna personally give the gifts. No big deal, if they went there it would be an excuse of them being at little homeworld. What would Steven say about Connie though? He mentally groaned, there obviously wouldn't be any school on Christmas Eve or Christmas. The brunette was pretty sure Connie's parents would suspect something of that. To make matters worse Connie's dad is a cop.

Steven looked down at the girl before him who seemed to smile. He would think of something.