Chapter 6: Engagement

Loves POV

I packed to leave class after a long day. My mind was mostly detracted by what Amaimon did yesterday.

I was walking down the hallway when Yuki stopped me. He told me Mephy was asking for me and that it was urgent.

I understood and we began to head there right away. Yukio is a good friend of mine, even if we don't always see eye to eye.

I was eating a gummy worm when we arrived and as soon the door was opened Yukio excused himself and left.

I walked in and sat down on one of the chairs. Mephy's chair spun around and he looked apologetic.

He began to apologize about yesterday and how he had to personally explain the birds and the bees to Amaimon this morning and educate him on relationship.

"Thanks, I was really not looking forward to explaining the birds and the bees to a demon king...." I said eating a gummy bear.

He chuckled than took his hat off pulling a cage out and setting it down. I saw a hamster that was green.

He took it out and set it down and poof Amaimon appeared. He was on his hands and feet. He stood up and told his brother he disliked it.

"Yeah yeah, just apologize already." Mephy said as he sat down again putting the cage down and to the side.

"I'm sorry I ate your funny gummy bears and did things I should not have." Amaimon said unsure of what he did wrong.

"It's ok. It was my fault for having them out..." I said rubbing my neck. "Ok. Can I hug you??" He asked excited.

I giggled and nodded. He hugged me and picked me up bridal style siting down on the chair himself. "Now for the second matter." Mephy said smirking as he intertwined his fingers.

"L, your execution is being canceled.." Mephy said excited. I was surprised as I gave Amaimon a gummy worm which he enjoyed.

"What's the catch?" I asked unsure. "You become my bride!!" Amaimon said standing and jumping up. He was floating and smiling a bit.

I looked at him confused then looked at Mephy who didn't say anything. "What?" I asked confused.

"The Vatican would never execute a demon in the royal family. They would fear having the wrath of Satan himself leashed upon them. If you marry into the royal family, you get extra points for being satans daughter in law." Mephy said smirking.

"Plus we get to have a lot of fun together!" Amaimon said eating a gummy bear.

"So I marry Amaimon..?" I asked lost for words. Mephy nodded and I asked him what was the catch for that.

"...you have to leave to Gehenna. True the Vatican would never execute you if you married into the royal family, but they wouldn't want you in Assiah." Mephesto said as he looked me straight in the eyes.

I got out of Amaimons grasp and ascended. I stood in front of Mephy's desk and we kept eye contact.

"And my mother..?" I asked. "I don't care what happens to me..but if my mother is hurt or executed in my place. I'll kill everyone in that damn Vatican..." I said my eyes glowing in pure anger.

He smiled sweeting a bit but nodded. "Your mother will be freed from surveillance and allowed to do what ever she wants with her life." Mephy said.

My eyes stopped and I thought for a second. "Ok. I want to take her with me..." I said. He seemed shocked then looked to the side.

"I'll talk it over with the higher ups...But I need your answer..." he said pointing behind me.

I glanced and saw Amaimon behind me holding a small box open. He was awkwardly on one knee. I looked and there were two black wedding bands.

"Now?" I asked surprised. He nodded and stood holding one out to me. I thought it over and sighed with a smile.

I took it and he took one himself. He took my hand and put the band on it, then I did the same and put it on him.

When I finished he grabbed me and picked me up bridal style cuddling my neck. He slowly floated and I was giggling cause it was ticklish.

"Now you are my fiancé." Amaimon said smiling. "Guess I'm stuck with you." I said eating a gummy worm.

And with that we were excused. We had to sneak out because of Amaimon but we got to the dorms pretty quick through a door.

I went and showered but I noticed I couldn't take the ring off. I ignored it and showered. I came out and Amaimon went in after me.

I dressed in grey sweats and a black tank top and sat at my vanity. I dried my hair and after a bit Amaimon came out. I gave him some sweats as swell and a black t-shirt.

He dressed and returned. I got up and he sat down as I dried his hair. When I finished I put moisturizer on our faces.

I then ruffled his hair and sat on my bed putting Netflix on. He got on the bed as well and sat beside me.

"Can you show me your real side now? We are alone after all." He asked wiggling his toes.

I looked at him and remembered my comment at the club. My hair turned black and my eyes turned purple. I then stood up with my hair growing till it reached the ground.

I then saw Amaimon examine me. I sat back down and moved my hair cause it was pretty long.

"Can I at least revert my hair? It's pretty annoying." I said. "Ok. But in a moment." He said as he got behind me and sat down.

He began to play and fiddle with my hair. After a bit he seemed content and let me do as I pleased.

My hair got shorter and when it did I just laid back into his chest since he was siting against the pillows.

I was between his legs which he seemed to like cause he hugged me. "So when do we get married? Or is this just for show to prevent my execution?" I questioned as I put on a horror movie. I felt kinda sad when I asked my second question.

"No. You're my wife now." He said laying his head on my shoulder. "Okay than." I said giggling.

After a while I wanted to take a nap and noticed Amaimon wasn't tired at all. So I shifted so I was hugging his waist.

I felt him put a blanket on me and rub my back. I smiled. This isn't that bad. I think I actually really like his company and Amaimon in general.

I then drifted to sleep with his body warm.