songbird

*Jesper, Nina, and Wylan are standing in the living room of the Van Eck mansion.*

     "I swear guys I heard him!" Wylan whispered furiously

    "you honestly think that you heard Kaz Brekker, the bastard of the barrel, singing?" Nina asked skeptically

    "Yes! Yes I did!" Wylan persisted

    "Let's see then." Jesper said, already ascending the stairs to the rooms. After a moment of hesitation the others followed after him.

    After a few moments of shushing and arguing of who opened the door. Wylan cracked the door open just enough to see what was happening inside.

    Sure enough, there was Kaz, sitting on the bed with Inej across from him, leaning against the headboard listening to Kaz's music, he was playing guitar and singing a soft melody.

    Inej, noticing the intruders smiled and kept on giving suggestions to Kaz, in hopes that kaz wouldn't discover them. He would not like that anyone else had heard him.

    A few minutes later, the intruders made their way out of the room and back into the living room as quietly as possible and quietly digested the fact that Kaz could sing well until nina declared

    "How is it fair that Dirtyhands can sing better than me?! And why did we have to sneak into his rooms to find out?!"

    "YOU WHAT?!" Kaz bellowed from the top of the stairs, a giggling Inej behind him.

    "Oh sh*t" nina and Jesper said in unison right before they ran away through the halls of the mansion, Kaz hot on their heels. Leaving a cackling Inej and Wylan behind.

*Author's note* hi everyone, I'm sorry this is a short chapter (and also a bad one) but I really wanted to do something with this idea.

290 words