Chapter 9 - Birthday Disaster

I was so thankful that it was time to go home, away from this nightmare. As I was watching the news on the Jet, Tony comes in,
"Mute...He should be giving me a medal. That's the truth." He points at the television.

"What is that?" I point to the plate in his hand as he sits across from me.

"This is your in-flight meal."

"Did you just make that?" I ask, looking at the burnt eggs.

"Yeah. Where do you think I've been for three hours?" He laughs.

"Tony, what are you not telling me?" I whisper.

"I don't want to go home. At all. Let's cancel my birthday party and...We're in Europe. Let's go to Venice, Cipriani. Remember?"

"Oh, yes." I smile.

"It's a great place to be healthy."

"I don't think this is the right time. We're in kind of a mess." I nod.

"Yeah, but maybe that's why it's the best time. 'Cause then we can..."

"Well, I think as the CEO I need to show up." I look away and sigh.

"As CEO, you are entitled to a leave."

"A leave?" I scoff.

"A company retreat."

"A retreat? During a time like this?" I rub my hands across my face and sigh.

"Just a ride. Well, I'm just saying, to recharge our batteries and figure it all out."

"Not everybody runs on batteries Tony." I smile, he looks away from me and nods.

Later on, Natalie and I were handling many many phone calls in Tony's home. "Yes, but the fundamentals of the company are still very, very strong despite the events in Monaco." I say.

"The AP wants a quote." Natalie says to me.

"Don't tell them. Fax them..."

"Where is he?" We both look up to see Rhodes.

"He doesn't want to be disturbed."

"He's downstairs." I smile, "Iron Man never stopped protecting us. The events in Monaco proved that."

"We should get ready for the party." Natalie whispers to me.

"I would be more than happy to set up a meeting with you.....yes, goodbye." I hang up the phone and nod. I pass by the many workers setting up and go into one of the many guest rooms with my bag in it. I take my time as the party starts to change into a black dress, I put my hair in a high ponytail. I finish off with some gold jewelry and make my way downstairs.

As I turn the corner I was shocked to see a drunk Tony in his Iron Man suit, stumbling around. "Hey Y/N." Rhodes joins me and smiles.

"I'm going to get some air." I sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know what to do." I point.

"You gotta be kidding me." Tony falls over, drunk. "That's it, I'm making...." I stop him.

"No, no, no. Don't call anyone."

"Y/N. This is ridiculous. I just stuck my neck out for this guy." He says angrily.

"I know. I know. I get it. I'm gonna handle it, okay Just let me handle it."

"Handle it. Or I'm gonna have to." He points.

"You know, the question I get asked most often is, "Tony, how do you go to the bathroom in the suit?" Just like that." Tony laughs.

I grab the microphone from him and smile, "Does this guy know how to throw a party or what?" I laugh as everyone cheers.

"I love you." He smiles.

"Thank you so much. Tony, we all thank you so much for such a wonderful night. And we're gonna say good night now, and thank you all for coming."

"No, no, no, we can't ... Wait, wait, wait. We didn't have the cake. We didn't blow out the candles." He smiles.

"You're out of control, okay? Trust me on this, okay?" I whisper to him.

"You're out of control gorgeous." He whispers.

"It's time to go to bed. It's time." I nod and grab his hand.

"Give me another smooch" he leans forward.

"You're not going to be happy about this."

"Come on, you know you want to." He teases. "I'll go if I can come to bed with you..." he winks.

"You just peed in the suit."

"I know. It has a filtration system." He whispers.

"It's not sexy." I roll my eyes.

"You could drink that water." He laughs.

"Just send everybody home, okay? It's time to..." I grab him and nod.

"If you say so."

"Okay. I'll take this, you take that." We exchange the microphone and the bottle.

"Y/N L/N. She's right. The party's over.....Then again, the party was over for me, like, an hour and a half ago. The after-party starts in 15 minutes. And if anybody, Y/N, doesn't like it, there's the door." He accidentally shoots the door with the suit. "Yeah!" A Girl then throws bottle it the air. "Hit!" Another girl appears with a watermelon. "I think she wants the Gallagher!" I quickly get off the stage angrily as he breaks everything.

"I'm only gonna say this once. Get out." Rhodes announces with a Iron Man suit on. I rush passed him. As everyone leaves I stay behind, where Natalie finds me.

"Natalie!" I yell.

"Miss L/N."

"Don't you "Miss L/N" me! I'm on to you. You know what? Ever since you came here...." I was cut off by Tony and Rhodey crashing through the ceiling. I scream out in horror as I watch the two fight.

"Y/N!" Happy runs in and grabs me, "Get out of here. Get out of here now!" He pulls me outside. "I'm taking you home." Happy helps me in the car and then takes his seat, quickly taking off. I couldn't help let the tears fall....this man was tearing me apart.
"Y/N...." He starts.

"I can't take this anymore." I sob into my hands. "I physically can't."

"I'm with you Y/N. I won't let him hurt you." He smiles in the mirror.

"I'm more afraid of him hurting himself."