13. Saying Goodbye

Today is the day of their first gig, and the day I leave. I didn't tell anyone that I'm going and I wont till after they get off stage. The only people who know are my sister and Ashton. It's about an hour before they go on. I put my black skinny jeans with a shirt they made with their little tally marks and name of the band on it. I put on my combat boots and shout for my sister.

"Are you ready?!?"

" Yeah hold on!" She shouts back

She comes down the stairs with the final box from her room. We leave at 8 tonight and the house is empty. It's sad actually. I grew up here and have been here my entire life, and all my friends are here. Now this place is just a memory and another empty house.

"hop in the car" she tells me

We get in and go. We get there and see the guys standing out front. I get out of the car and go and hug them all.

Then Charlie and Lola come with Aleisha.

We go inside at wait about 20 minutes until they go on. There's only like 12 people here. But that's not bad for a first gig... I think. I look over at Lola who looks annoyed.

I ask her what's wrong and she replied.

"Honestly I've heard them and I don't like their music, and I just don't want to see them fail." I tried telling her while she was talking but it was no use, he heard it all.

She finally turned around and saw him.

"I'm so sorry Mikey- I didn't mean it." He just turned and left. She ran out and left, and I was all alone.

Five minutes later Luke came on stage with the rest of his bandmates behind him. He spoke in the microphone and said

"Hi we're five seconds of summer. Thank you all for coming and supporting us this means a lot. Here we go!"

___near the end of the show___

They just finished their final song. Through the whole thing Mikey seemed conflicted. He looked happy but sometimes you could tell he was sad about what happened a little bit ago. They finished their set, and walked off stage to a room In the back. We followed and found them in a dog pile on the ground.

"Haha omg what are you guys doing?" As I say that I'm pulled to the ground along with everyone else. After struggling to breath for 3 minutes they all get off and pull us into a group hug.

"Guys that was amazing!" Mikey yelled

We giggle and just stood their. Finally we broke apart, right then my sister and I gotta a text saying head back to the house now.

I look at my sister then we look at the guys celebrating. I yell out

"Guys I have to tell you something!" Everyone sits down. Ashton next to my sister. Charlie and Lola sit next to Calum, Michael is by me, and aleisha next to Luke

"What's with the serious mood? You little party killer." Mikey says with a grin, which makes me sad because I know I'll never see him again.

"A little bit ago my dad got relocated to another job site... In America. We're moving today... like now." I turn to see everyone and they looked shocked. For about 5 minutes no one talked. Finally they spoke up.

"why would you tell us now? Now we have no time to say goodbye." Mikey says

"Well I didn't want you guys to worry and I wanted you to do good on stage."

I get another text saying it's time to go. I get up with my sister not far behind. Lola and Charlie come and squeeze me really tight and say goodbye.

"Remember to Skype all the time ok? And text. Don't forget about us in America." Lola says

" how could I forget you guys, you're my best friends." We hug one more time and then I see Mikey.

"Wow I've known you for like 3 months and now you're leaving. I'm honestly going to miss you, that's a first." He gives me a hug and adds "Don't forget to tell me about the weird things they do in America."

"Will do" I say to him

Then I turned to Calum

"Well this is goodbye. I'm going to miss ya. Bye violet." He said fake crying I punch him in the arm and say goodbye and thank him for being a great friend.

I finally get to Luke and we just hug.

"So I guess you're not ready for tutoring anymore are you?"

"haha no I guess not... Goodbye Luke and thank you for everything. I'm going to miss you a lot ." As I say that he kisses my cheek and leaves with Aleisha behind him.

We get to our house and mom and dad are waiting. I say goodbye to Ashton and leave him and my sister alone. I hop in the car and then my sister follows and were off to the airport. Once we get there we get on the plane and I passed out.

After the longest ride ever we finally reach

The famouse LAX. I'm kinda excited, I've never been to America and what a great place to live, in the city of Angels...