Interrupting a Cyclops Dinner

As Livana followed Piper and Jason down the stairs, she couldn't help but notice the sixty foot long dragon and his human standing in the middle of the room. Festus was snorting flames all over himself to keep his form from frosting over. The two looked brand-new- Leo's clothes were washed and his hair was greased back back slightly. Livana had to admit- he looked more attractive than usual.

Unfortunately for her, as Khione followed them down the stairs, she noticed Leo's eyes following her the entire way down.

Sheesh, Livana thought. She was mad jealous, but felt excited to tell him the news about the snow goddess- she wasn't someone to get a crush on. Once the group reached the bottom of the stairs, Livana sprinted right next to Festus, excited to see her favorite dragon. Khione stopped at the bottom step and looked at Piper with malice.

"You may have fooled my father, girl, but you have not fooled me; we are not done. And Jason Grace, I will see you as an ice statue in the throne room soon enough," the goddess said.

"You know, Boreas was right- you are a spoiled kid. See you around, Ice Princess." Khione's eyes flared pure white, and she stormed up the stairs- literally. Halfway up she turned into a blizzard and disappeared.

"Be careful, my sweets," Zethes warned the girls. "She never forgets an insult."

"Bad sister," Cal agreed.

"A few snowflakes is nothing against us." When Livana said that, she realized that Khione could possibly do much worse, but she still knew she could beat her. She turned back to Leo, who looked devastated.

"What happened up there? You made her mad? Is she mad at me too? Guys! That was my prom date!" Livana knit her brows in anger, smiling coldly. There wasn't anything special about that girl, right? Was it because she was a goddess?

"We'll explain later," Piper said as Livana stared at her shoes.

"Yeah... We'll explain later," Jason agreed.

"Be careful, my dear, " Zethes said. "The winds between here and Chicago are bad-tempered. Many other evil things are stirring. I'm sorry that you will not be staying- you would make a lovely ice statue, in which I would check my reflection. "

"Thanks, but we'd sooner play hockey with Cal," Piper said.

"Hockey?" Cal's eyes lit up.

"Kidding, and the storms spirits aren't our worst problem, are they?" Piper asked.

"Oh no, something much worse." Zethes answered.

"Can you tell me?" Piper put on a smile- this time the charm didn't work. The purple-winged teens shook their heads. The hanger doors opened into a freezing starry night, which Livana appreciated greatly, and Festus stomped his feet, anxious to fly.

"Ask Aeolus what is worse," Zethes said darkly. "He knows. Good luck." He almost sounded like he cared about what happened to them, when a minute ago he wanted to turn the girls into ice sculptures. Cal patted Leo on the shoulder.

"Don't get destroyed. Next time - hockey, pizza."

"Come on, guys," Jason said. "Let's go to Chicago and try not to get destroyed." Livana climbed back onto Festus, leaning into Leo instinctively. She realized she had to forgive him- why was she even mad in the first place? This illness must be messing with her head.

-

As the glow of Quebec City faded behind them, Livana relaxed- she didn't really like that place. Leo handed the teens some sandwiches from his belt, which Livana thought was pretty cool, but she wasn't hungry. Leo still looked quite a bit upset. "I still can't believe Khione," he said. "She looked so nice."