This Tragedy You Will Have to Confide

"What?"

"The Fountain of Youth!" Leo said breathlessly. "That's where she was going!"

"Like," Nyx said, "the one in Saint Augustine?"

"I have no clue," Leo admitted. "But she was walking under this arch that looked like it was a walkway. I don't know how to explain it."

Nyx furrowed her brows. "I see. Okay, I've figured out the location, but I can't see it. She's definitely there and blocking me from watching. St. Augustine, eh? Isn't that in Florida?"

"Oh gods," Leo grand. "Floridians."

"No, that's a good thing. Ananbeth and Percy are currently on the coast. I'll send them a message so they can make it to land."

"How?" Leo asked. "We don't have time for an Iris Message!"

Nyx smirked. "I'm a goddess. I can be in any place I want at the same time. I'm already talking to them."

"Well first tell them I said hi," Leo said. "Then tell them I'm on my way."

"Right," Nyx said. She sped up and made a hard right, effectively sending them flying over the freeway rails.

Leo screamed and clutched his seatbelt. "Lady, what are you doing?!"

"Fastest travel!" Nyx shouted. The corvette plummeted straight into the freeway under them and shot into a tunnel.

Before Leo felt his bones shatter from the air bag, the automobile and its passengers were carried through the shadow and sent to the east coast. They resurfaced on the beach, sand sputtering out from their tires.

Leo hopped out and choked back his gut. "Ugh... can we please stop doing that?"

Nyx stepped out of the car, her face fitted with an emotion Leo couldn't read. "Vilano beach. Just four miles away from St. Augustine."

"Vilain beach?" Leo asked. "Seriously?"

Nyx pointed out to the sea. "Your friends are arriving."

Leo looked to where she was pointing. A small boat was coming up on the shore with two people in it. Leo waved his arms above him to get their attention. Once the boat was settled, the people ran over to Nyx and Leo.

"Yo!" Percy called. He bent over and panted. "I hate running on sand, especially uphill."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Come on, Seaweed Brain. We have to get moving." She looked over to Nyx, and fear dimmed her eyes. "Uhm, thank you...for the message."

"No problem," Nyx said. "And please, try not to fear me. I know our first encounter was...unfortunate, but up here I promise I am not like that. I'm not sure I could ever be like that again..."

Percy stood up straight. "Well, it's good to hear. Now which way to St. Augustine?"

Nyx looked behind her and pointed. "Somewhere in that direction. Sorry I can't help more, I'm being blocked from watching that area."

Annabeth nodded. "No worries. Leo, Percy, let's go. You said she was after the Fountain of Youth?"

Leo nodded. "Something Like that. And a wine glass. I'm thinking she has to fill up the cup and take it to Apate."

Annabeth unsheathed her sword and bolted for the street. Percy and Leo followed close behind.

They ran down the road in the area Nyx had pointed toward, dashing around pedestrians and nearly face planting as they turned corners. Annabeth looked pained as she passed all the Spanish architecture. Eventually, they started seeing a lot more tourists at the end of the block. Percy hurried up to one and grinned.