my honest kpop opinions

would like to reiterate that these are merely my own OPINIONS, feel free to agree/disagree.

1. korean engenes are beyond immature. so what if enha had female dancers in their choreo? the choreo was wonderful and new; besides jimin i've never seen any bg idols incoporate partner dances into their songs. they're just mad cos those girls aren't them, and to deflect they go off with the pathetic excuse of saying the dance is inappropriate. like dude, it's a DANCE ppl are acting like they're humping against each other.

2. idols are extremely problematic, and what's worse is fans don't hold them accountable for their actions. so so so many of them have done culturual appropriations, screamed out slurs and so many have yet to apologise for their actions.

3.  blackpink should disband atp. they literally all look so done; lisa is like the only one giving it her all, and the others are barely trying. giving 100% in a performance shouldn't be something so rare, it should be the standard, especially if fans have paid hundreds of dollars/pounds/whatever to come and see. in comparison to many other groups, blackpink's choreography is simple and easy to pick up and further more they barely have any songs in their discography in comparison to other groups that debuted well later than them; if they're slacking off even with that then it goes to show where their committments are.

4. what chaeyoung did was a literal hate crime. enough said

5. eunchae doesn't have any memorable qualities about her besides being the maknae. don't get me wrong, she's very charismatic and bubbly, but fans have derived off her being the maknae so much that it's gotten to the point where that's her only memorable quality, calling her the 'maknaest of maknaes/manchae' etc. being the maknae means to be the youngest in korea, not just in a gg or bg, but in families too. fans have taken this role and turned into a whole personality trait, before proceeding to grow pissed when the group's youngest doesn't act cute and playful. it's like yall forget not everyone has the same personality.

6. eve psych and bluebeard's wife is overpromoted and source music needs to let it go

7. jennie's performances are inconsistent, and she only seems to be giving it her all when she's in the usa. you can tell she's done with the idol life and wants to move on to other things and make her break in the west, even though she already has a huge following + fans ("jensetters") who'll fiercely defend her at any and every inconvenience. what's pathetic is that their only excuse is she has an ankle problem, like did that not happen like 5+ years ago??

8. belift lab and jtbc are psychotic for letting a twelve year old on a survival show to almost let her debut. so glad she got eliminated. i will hand it to ena tho, she's incredibly talented but far too young.

9. the judging for r u next is so rigged. they care more about apperances and visuals and it shows. wonhee is in my opinion an incredibly weak performer, and constantly looks terrified when performing but she is brushed off for having good looks.

10. JIWOO AND CHANELLE NEED TO DEBUT

11. kep1er deserves way better. wakeone can barely manage one group, why on earth did they choose to debut another?

12. nmixx's original style was wayyy better than what they have now.

13. itzy deserves better management fr, they're so neglected by jyp.

14. stop babying idols. it's so fckin cringey, esp when they're like in their mid/late 20s.

15. if an idol is in a relationship, we as fans should be happy for them and support them. they're just as human as we are and at the end of the day they too deserve happiness

16. hybe definitely pulled multiple strings for hyein to become an ambassador for lv. there is no way that a 14-15 year old from a rookie group (at that time) under a big 3 company managed to score something as big as an ambassador role.

17. sometimes a member's voice may not suit the style of the song, hence they'll have lesser lines, and that's okay

18. newjean's marketing is incredibly creative. i was impressed that they managed to film an entire mv on an iphone

19. somi would've been better off in a gg than as a soloist.

20. nwjns again. their music is fresh and new but their success was definitely leeched off bts. they dropped music videos with no promos, no trailers, nothing, and managed to go big. another thing to add; the y2k concept is definitely unique in kpop but that doesn't mean nwjns invented it; they don't own it.

21. shippers are the reasons why your faves never interact on camera again. take sunoo and niki for example.

22. ruka's votes on r u next were mostly sympathy votes cos she didn't make it to lssmfm's final lineup. if she'd never been in the documentary we would have never known who she was. she's talented but didn't stand out to me.

23. companies should stop calling a world tour a world tour if the only countries being visited are korea/japan/usa.

24. chan had every right to speak up on the bowing issue; it's common and incredibly important in korean culture. to add to this, he didn't name any names. people were so quick to assume that ive were the main cause and were so quick to sending hate.

25. companies need to do better background checks on their trainees before debuting them. and trainees should also take it upon themselves to bring up to their companies anything they've done/said that may impact their image to the public so scandals can be avoided.

26. ever since kpop rose to popularity internationally, all companies care about is making music that will appeal to western audiences

27. skz have the best noise music, and have one of the best discographies in 4th gen

28. bp may be the biggest gg but that doesn't mean they're the best

29. some idols look absolutely horrible with a fringe: hyein, jennie, jisoo, yunjin etc..

30: min heejin is a creep and this is proved through cookie's lyrics and omg's m/v

31. wonyoung has become the punching bag for kpop's 4th gen, and people will take and point out anything to try and put her in a bad light, calling it favouritism or pick-me behaviour.

i cant think of anymore but this is the basic gist of it lol. like i said, these are my own opinions, you are all entitled to your own thoughts.