Chapter 39: Over

Sorry it took me so long to update, I was kinda busy what with Christmas and homework.

(November 9th continued - 20 weeks)

LOUIS

"Louis, please. Just sit down for a moment," Liam tried to tell me, but I brushed him off. 

"No! I'm not going to just sit around while Harry is about to die!" I exclaimed and he sighed.

"Lou, you're pregnant and sore. I know you want to help Harry, but when we get him back, and we will, he'll want to see you healthy. All this moving around and stressing out isn't helping the baby. Please, leave this to the police."

I stared at him for a moment, surprised by his outburst. All of a sudden I was throwing myself into his arms, sobbing. He caught me with an 'omph'.

"Oh, Lou." He rubbed my back softly. "We'll get him back, I promise. Everything will be fine."

"I'm sorry Li," I sniffled into his shoulder. "I'm such a crybaby."

"No, no, babes, it's okay. I can't even imagine how you feel right now. Just let it out." I felt him kiss my hair, and I smiled.

"Thanks Liam."

"No problem, Lou."

~

(November 10th - early morning)

"Louis? Lou, get up." I slowly opened my eyes, stretching on the couch that I was lying on.

"What, Niall?" I grumbled sleepily.

"Harry's here," he responded and my eyes snapped open.

"What? Where?" I jumped of the sofa, groaning as a wave of nausea hit me. 

"Baby, sit down," Harry's soft hands were suddenly at my waist and I gasped.

"Hazza!" I threw my arms around him. "You're okay, what happened?" My hands stroked the bruises on his body, tears gathering in my eyes.

"Oh baby, don't cry. I'm okay, see?" He gave me a soft smile and I chuckled. 

"I was so worried Hazza. I didn't know what to do. You were all tied up and hurt, and I couldn't do anything because I'm useless, and-"

Harry cut me off. "Baby, you're not useless. Don't you dare ever say that. This isn't your fault, if anything, it's Robin's." He looked down at the ground sadly as he said that and I sighed, kissing his forehead.

"Haz, you didn't know."

"How could I not have known that my step-father was addicted to drugs?" He exclaimed. "That he was lying to us, and using all our money on drugs? That my mum had to do extra work, and night-shifts because we were in debt, and he let us believe it was truly because they weren't earning enough. How could he?" His voice cracked at the end, and he collapsed on the sofa tiredly.

"Hazza, I'm sorry." I sat next to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and nuzzling his cheek. "Are you, um, are you going to tell them?"

He hummed, looking at me confused. "What?"

"Are you going to tell Anne and Gemma about Robin?"

"Yes, of course. They deserve to know and I don't want them to find out from anyone else."

Sighing, I ran my hands through his thick curls. "I was really scared." I said truthfully. "Because you are the love of my life and the father of my child, and I couldn't lose you, I couldn't."

"Well, here I am, baby. You won't ever lose me, I promise." Harry pulled me into his lap, cuddling me close to him.

"Good. Now give me kissy." I demanded and he chuckled but complied.