Chapter 40: Gender

(December 8th - 24 weeks)

LOUIS

"Harry Edward Styles, if you don't get your ass out of that bathroom right now, I swear, I'll-"

"You'll what, baby?" Harry's hands were suddenly at my waist, and I gasped in surprise.

"Jesus Christ, you scared the crap out of me!" I exclaimed and he laughed, kissing my neck.

"Sorry, baby. Are you ready to go?"

"I'm so fucking ready. I can't wait to find out the gender of bean!" I squealed happily, making him chuckle.

"God, you're cute," he squeezed my hips and took my hand, leading me outside to his car.

"Harry," I spoke once we were driving and he hummed in response. "Do you think I'll be a good parent?"

He looked over at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Of course I do, Lou, what make you think you won't be?"

I shrugged. "I just- I feel like I don't have enough experience to give our baby everything it needs."

Harry laughed. 

"Haz, this is serious!" I pouted.

"I know, I'm sorry baby, but that isn't true at all. You have so many younger siblings that look up to you, and respect you, because you were such a good big brother to them. Sure, it's not the same as having a child, but that should at least show you that you are more than capable of doing this. Besides, you'll always have me, remember?"

I smiled. 

~

"Alright, are you two ready to find out the gender of your baby?" Dr. Brown asked us, smiling.

I nodded enthusiastically. Harry took my hand, and sat on the armrest of my chair. 

"It looks like you are having... a baby girl!" He exclaimed. "Congratulations."

I looked up a Harry, tears welling up in my eyes. "Hazza, we're having a baby girl."

~

"I've been thinking about names," Harry spoke up once we were back at the dorms.

"Yeah?" I lay my head in his lap. "Like what?"

He shrugged. "Well, I really like Emily, or Vivian for a first name."

"Wait. I really like Vivian. That's cute." I grinned. "I was thinking either Caroline or Jade but-"

"I know!" Harry beamed. "Vivian Jade. It's perfect."

I rolled over and kissed his stomach. "Vivian Jade Styles."

~

HARRY

"Why'd you call us all over here Harry?" Eleanor asked confused.

I took a deep breath. "Um, so, Louis and I have been together for over a year now, and I am 100% sure of this. I want to marry him."

Liam choked. "Woah, Haz, this is big."

I nodded. "Yeah, I know, but this is what I want. I can't imagine a life without Louis in it."

All of a sudden, Eleanor pulled me into a hug. "Oh, I'm so happy for you! He will say yes, no question."

"Well, I should hope so," I chuckled. "I already have a ring and everything."

"Show us then!" Niall urged and I laughed, pulling the velvet box out of my pocket.

"I know he's always like slightly more feminine stuff, so I got this one. What do you think?"

"He'll love it," Zayn reassured me. "When are you going to do it?"

"I'm planning on doing it on his birthday. I already have Jay and the girls helping me."

"Well, don't worry babe," El patted my shoulder. "He'll say yes without even thinking about it."