02

❝women's business

women's business.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"ELEANOR IS NEARLY SMALLER THAN FINN, BUT I'M THE ONE SMASHED BACK HERE BETWEEN THESE TWO WANKERS."

Eleanor smirks as she turns around in the front seat of the car to give Arthur a smug look. "It's because Tommy likes me more."

"Well, anyone could've told you that, sweetheart," John drawled knowingly, earning the middle finger from Eleanor.

"I thought you said that we were going to the fair." Arthur complained from the backseat, his eyes scanning the campground they'd pulled up to.

Tommy stops the car, swinging his door open. "We have business first."

He exits the car, rounding the front of it to open Eleanor's door. "Come on. Bring your wits."

"What business?"

John points at the group of people before them. "That's the Lee family."

A man at the bottom of the hill sees them standing, and holds his arms out with a wide smile that makes Eleanor grimace. "Tommy!"

"Johnny Dogs."

"Tommy, how the hell are you?" The man approaches, shaking Tommy's hand vigorously.

"All the better for getting the city smoke out of my lungs."

Eleanor watches Tommy purposefully charm the man, and her eyes roam over the Romani people milling about their campsite aimlessly. She had never lived in the countryside, or traveled any further than London, so she could never really see the appeal of their wayward lifestyle roaming about with no true place to call home.

As sad as it may seem, Birmingham was and always would be her home. She had long since resigned herself to smoke-stained factories, and streets filled with the scum of the earth. She felt right at home with the addicts and the killers, and the shameless whores.

"I'm riding with the Lee family now," Johnny Dogs informs Tommy, quickly catching Eleanor's attention as her gaze instinctively hardens at the mention of the Gypsy family.

She crosses her arms over her chest, grumbling under her breath as she trailed beside Tommy. "I'd feel more at home in a stable full of horse shit."

"Come on, little lady, no disputin'."

Eleanor's frown deepens and she begins to speak over the man, only to be silenced with a look from Tommy. Rolling her eyes, she simply clamps her jaw shut and turns away.

"So, your first fair since France?" Johnny quickly changes the subject when he receives a hostile look from the woman, and a look from Tommy to drop it entirely.