20

❝first impressions❞─── ・ 。゚☆: *

first impressions
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELEANOR WALKED INTO THE SHELBY HOUSE WITH A HUFF, ALREADY SHRUGGING HER COAT OFF AS SHE KICKED THE DOOR SHUT BEHIND HER. "Pol, is Tommy here yet? I've just come from the office, and Lizzie's told me some shit Tommy needs to-"

Eleanor trailed off as she looked up, her coat draped over her arm as she slid her cap off her head. Her eyes shifted from Polly to the young man standing beside her, and she raised a brow. "I didn't know we had company, Pol, sorry,"

Polly smiled softly, the first one she'd spared Eleanor in days, and shook her head. "It's alright, Eleanor. This is Michael,"

Realization dawned on Eleanor and her eyes widened as she looked back at the boy, a hint of familiarity tingling in the back of her brain. "Michael as in- Michael?"

Polly nodded again, and the boy did, too, a hesitant smile twitching at his lips as he offered the woman his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss,"

"Oh, don't bother with all of that Miss shit, just call me Eleanor," The brown haired woman waved him off, a small laugh leaving her. "You've still got your baby face, you know that? Looked the same since you were a tiny little thing,"

Michael flushed and Eleanor looked to Polly, the two women sharing an endearing look. Holding a hand to her chest, Eleanor heaved a sigh and quickly backtracked to her original purpose. "Are the boys here, Polly?"

"They're in the back, sweetheart." Polly gestured over Eleanor's head and the young woman nodded, leaning forward to give Polly a kiss on the cheek. She turned and did the same to Michael, patting his cheek with her palm.

"Welcome home, Michael," She smirked, wickedness gleaming suddenly in her eyes. "I'm sure you'll fit in in no time."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"If you don't let me in the bloody building, I'm going to burn it down," Eleanor's voice was low and threatening as she glared up at the two men standing post in front of the doors that led to the back of Alfie Solomon's bakery, refusing to let her enter. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you, I'm a fucking Peaky Blinder."

"The boss is busy right now, ma'am, the bakery is closed."

"I fucking know the boss is busy!" Her voice echoed through the small front shop, and she clenched her jaw angrily. "He's in there having a fucking meeting that I'm supposed to be apart of- the only reason I'm late is because I was visiting my nephew!"

"We can't-"

Eleanor rolled her eyes almost violently and heaved a heavy sigh. "Alright, I've had enough of this shit."