08

❝i am weak, but i am strong

i am weak, but i am strong.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELEANOR WATCHED AS TOMMY TOOK TO THE FRONT OF THE ROOM, BILLY KIMBER AND HIS ACCOUNTANT LONG GONE FROM THE BETTING ROOM. She stood beside Polly, who was in the same boat of anticipation as she was, and wrung her hands together anxiously.

"Gentlemen," Polly cleared her throat, and Tommy nodded at the two women. "Ladies."

Tommy holds up the piece of paper, scrawled with cursive and stamped with seals. "I have in my hand a legal betting license, issued by the board of control."

Eleanor latched onto Polly's arm, a grin growing on her face.

"The Shelby family has its first legal racetrack pitch."

Cheers break out in the betting room and Polly can be heard over them all, her joy inescapable and beautiful. Eleanor claps her hands together, but she moves past John and jumps at Tommy the second she's close enough.

She laughs loudly, and his resounding chuckle echoes in her ears like the finest symphony. His arms wrap around her, lifting her off the ground as he spins her, a foreign feeling of happiness swarming him.

Slowly, he sets her down on her feet again and she pulls away from him, cupping his face in her hands. She's grinning still, almost painfully wide. "I'm so proud of you, Tommy."

Arthur clapped a hand on his brother's back, grinning wide. "You did it, Tommy. Congratulations."

Tommy nods at his brother's praise, but his eyes stay on Eleanor who is looking up at him with her doe eyes full of wonder. He can't help but laugh again, and hold her tighter, stubbornly refusing to let her go.

"You did it," She shakes her head at him, resting a hand on his chest.

Tommy leans his head down, tilting it slightly so she can hear him clearly. "We did it, Ellie."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hello, dear," Eleanor smiled as the blonde stepped into her kitchen, her hand wrapped around the handle of the gun hidden in her purse. Eleanor perked a brow, shaking her head. "No need for that, Gracie, it's just me."

Grace let out a soft sigh, letting go of her gun. She set her purse down on the table, looking at Eleanor warily. "How did you get in here?"

"Through the door." Eleanor gestured down the hallway where the front door was, nonchalant about her apparent breaking and entering escapades.

"Why have you come?"

"I haven't decided." Eleanor shrugged, tapping her fingers on the table. Grace reached into her purse and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, quickly putting one in between her lips. She stopped and offered one to Eleanor, who shook her head. "I don't smoke."