06

❝the races

the races.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"YOU'RE A PRETTY GIRL, GRACE." Eleanor's sweet voice carried through Grace's home, and the blonde smiled somewhat uneasily even as she nodded her head in thanks.

"You'll forgive me for asking, Eleanor," She'd insisted that Grace drop the formalities on the claim of a proposed friendship that the Irishwoman was hesitant to accept. "But I don't know why you insisted on helping me this morning."

Eleanor shrugs a shoulder, looking around at the foreign surroundings, committing things to memory and reading into every little thing she saw placed. It was almost done strategically, it seemed. Staged. "I have to admit, a part of me was impatient to see your dress. I was dying to know what it looked like, especially after hearing about all the money you got out of Tommy for it."

Grace huffs a slight laugh in agreement, some of her hesitance easing as she so naively falls for the woman's facade. "Well, you're both getting something out of the deal, it was only fair I do as well."

Eleanor hums, ceding her point easily as she tucks a strand of her perfectly placed hair behind her ear. "It's a business arrangement," She and Grace both nod at the blanket term for the deal going down at the races today, and Eleanor steps towards the blonde, her shiny heels tapping hollowly on the floors.

Grace begins to get ready, with Eleanor providing commentary every few minutes and speaking about nothing of importance. Grace takes the moment she's seated in front of her vanity to examine Eleanor's put-together state, hoping the brunette doesn't feel her stare lingering.

Eleanor's a rather small girl, shorter than average by a few inches and thin, most likely due to a life of poverty as a child and a physically demanding job such as her duties with the Peaky Blinders.

To Grace, looking at her through the eyes of an operative, she knows that Eleanor is obviously underestimated because of her physical stature, and perhaps seen as a decoration on Tommy Shelby's arm. She also thinks that that is how Eleanor and Tommy both prefer it, for the sake of her safety and for their illegal activities. No one expects the petite woman to blind a man, or cut out the tongue of a snitch.

Even Grace herself, and the Inspector, hadn't known of her involvement in the Peaky Blinders business because she was never involved in the war. She hadn't been a nurse, and there was no information on the woman besides her birth certificate, which only had her deceased mother's name on it.

Eleanor Price was a mystery, and the more Grace spoke to her, the less she understood. At the very least it was understandable as to why Tommy preferred her on his arm, she was a stone cold woman, and even her eyes didn't display whatever could possibly be running through her mind at any given moment.