17

❝royally fucked❞─── ・ 。゚☆: *

royally fucked
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN TOMMY FIRST OPENS HIS EYES, HE SEES ELEANOR, AND FOR A MOMENT HE THINKS HE'S IN HEAVEN. And then the pain hits him and he makes a small, uncontrollable noise of pain that immediately catches her attention and has her sitting beside him on the uncomfortable bed he's on.

"Oh, god," Her horrified voice comes and Tommy's brows twitch, his vision slowly focusing on her face. "I'm so sorry, Tommy."

He tries to shake his head, but the minute action makes pain shoot through his body and he immediately regrets it. His hand fumbles, fingers twitching in her direction, and she gently lifts his hand into hers, letting her fingers trace mindless patterns over his bruised and battered skin.

"Tommy," She whispers again, her voice an unfamiliar tone of fear. "Tommy, I'm sorry I didn't tell you- it's the Inspector. He's back in Small Heath, and I think he's looking for you."

Tommy inhales sharply, but he doesn't have the energy to be angry. If he had been in Eleanor's shoes, he couldn't say with full honesty that he'd have told her anything. "El- Ellie,"

His weak attempt at her name makes her let out a shaky exhale and Tommy closes his eyes, not wanting to see her eyes shimmer with tears. He can't remember the last time he'd seen Eleanor cry, not truly, and he wouldn't know what to do if she shed a tear over him.

"Ellie," He repeats, more sure this time. "What happened?"

"You- You were jumped by Sabini and his men, a-and Ada," She stops, swallowing roughly. "They left you for dead. It was Campbell who found you,"

"No," Tommy's brows furrow, the action somehow numb yet entirely painful. "What happened to you?"

This is the first time Eleanor hesitates on answering him, and Tommy squeezes her hand as hard as he possibly can in his state.

"I was on my way home from talking to Polly, trying to get her to not be so angry with us for the London shit," Eleanor clears her throat, turning her head to look away from him.

Though it only serves the purpose of showing him what he'd noticed as soon as she'd come into focus. A wound that split the bridge of her nose and beneath her eye. The wound had been stitched and was scabbing over with dark blood, but the target of the injury was obvious.

"They only sent the one for me," She shrugs, still holding his hand and refusing to meet his eye. "I'm fine, Tommy. It'll only scar a little."

"Eleanor," He swallowed, grimacing at the pain that rumbled through his body. "What happened?"

"He said he wanted to blind a Blinder," Her lids flutter, an almost apologetic frown marring her face. "And that he'd get my tongue next so I wasn't so mouthy when he,"