Back to Forks, Damon, Jake and the pack and imprinting explanation.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

Bella had been quite on the trip back home. I think what Renee had said had really gotten to her. But now Edward is driving I am him to school and I am just as quiet. I am gonna miss Renee.

*Elena Swan in Eclipse*

I have my feet up on the dashboard and I am looking down as Edward pulls into the school car park. He can see how upset I am but of course he has to bring it up.

"Do you regret going?" He asks me.

Thank god I can edit my thoughts unlike some.

"No," I tell him finally looking up. "It was really great seeing my mum despite Bella's bad mood. Just really hard saying goodbye."

"It doesn't have to be goodbye," he points out.

I knew he had a reason for dragging me to Florida. "Is that why you wanted me to go? You thought I was gonna change my mind?"

"I'm always hoping that," Edward says and then he seems to tense as he glances out of his side window.

"What?" I ask him wondering what could make him so upset.

He turns to me looking a little angry.

"If I asked you to stay in the car, would you?" He asks before climbing out but as he does I see two werewolves and Bella stood together. I get out and this makes Edward more annoyed. "Of course not."

We head towards where they are stood and as they get a whiff of Edward, Damon and Jake turn to face the two of us. Then they meet us in the middle. Bella comes with them and keeps a hold of her boyfriends arm.

"Hey Jake, Damon," I say to them.

"Charlie said you and Bella left town," Damon tells me and then he looks me up and down.

"Yeah to visit our mum," I inform him. "why?"

"He's checking you actually went with Bella and are still human," Edward scoffs and this makes the boys glare at him.

"Look we're here to warn you," Jake says and I can see he's pissed and Edward scoffs. "If your kind come on our land again..."

"Wait what?!" I cut him off and Bella also looks confused.

Edward looks mad but Damon glances from Bella, to me and back again and then he turns to Edward. "Jake was just about to Bella now but you didn't tell Elena?"

"Just leave it alone, you two." Edward says shaking his head.

But I turn to him. "Tell me what? What don't Bella and I know?"

"Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding," he tells me and Bella shares a look with Jake. "It's nothing to worry about."

"Listen to you," Damon says and I step to Bella's side as he gets close to Edward and I am to one side but they are on either side of me. "Did you lie to get them both out of town to? Surprised Bella went with you even if it was to see her mum."

Bella doesn't say anything.

Edward gets right up to him so Jake steps to his side. "You should leave. Now."

"They have a right to know," Jake says and he nods at me. "Elena's the one the red head wants."

"Victoria?!" I say in shock but everything starts to make sense. "Alice's vision."

"I was trying to protect you," he points out to me.

"By lying to me," I counter before turning back to the two werewolves as I continue to talk. "Okay we're gonna talk about this later but you!" Damon and Jake both look at me as I am my next question directly at them. "And you! Why haven't either of you called me back?"