The unexpected battle, damon hurt and the volturi comes for a visit.

The unexpected battle, Damon hurt and the volturi comes for a visit.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

I am heading back to Elena and Damon, still shocked at the events... Was it really that easy. Is Damon finally beginning to understand we'll never be more than friends.

*Elena Swan in Eclipse*

When I reach the two. Edward seems satisfied and Bella looks happy. Edward probably gave her the rundown. She approaches me and when she sees my red eyes she pulls me in for a hug.

"It needed to be said Elena," she tells me as I nod into her shoulder. "Maybe now he'll go out there and find his imprint, and take it from me... any girl that has been imprinted on... is lucky."

I chuckle and pull away before turning to Edward. He comes over and pulls me in for a hug as well. "You know for a second... I thought you were gonna kiss him."

"I do love him still in some ways Edward," I inform him. "But I love you more."

He smiles and nods. "I know."

Seth suddenly comes out of the woods and looks at Edward. Bella and I both start waiting for the information we are missing.

"It's starting," Edward says as both he and Seth turn to look at Bella and I.

As the battle begins Edward runs commentary while reading Seth's thoughts. "Damon and Jake just got there. They're good!"

I share a look with Bella.

"Thank god they're both doing okay," she whispers and I nod.

Edwards look suddenly becomes worried.

"Someone's hurt?" I ask.

His eyes go wide. "She's close. I can hear her thoughts!"

I turn to Bella and we both know who he means. Victoria has found us.

"Seth go!" Bella and Edward both tell the teen who was told not to fight and after a worried look he runs off over the hill.

Bella and I move to stand behind Edward. In Bella's case just because he has a better chance then us at beating her. I hug into his side, worried.

"She knew we weren't there Elena but she caught my scent," Edward explains how she found us.""She knew you'd be with me."

"She found us," I say before looking at Bella. "I'm so sorry."

She shakes her head. "This isn't your fault."

"She's not alone," Edward says as he picks up on someone else's thoughts.

A man I recognise as Riley Biers appears out of the woods and I gasp. He seems hungry and angry at the same time. He begins to stalk towards us.

"Riley," Edward says and Riley slows down a little shocked that we know him. "Listen to me. Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you," both Bella and I jump as said red head appears on a rock, staring at me. In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore."

Riley finally freezes, probably wondering if he is telling the truth.

"Don't listen Riley," Victoria tells him. "I told you about their mind tricks."

"I can read her mind," Edward agrees as he keeps an arm in front of I and Bella who is besides me, so Edward can guard us. "So I know what she thinks of you."

"He's lying," Victoria lies getting him to look at her.

"She only created you and this whole army to avenger her true mate, James," Edward informs him and by the look on Riley's face she had never told him about James. "That's the only thing she cares about. Not you!"