Graduation, a party with surprise visitors and an agreement made.

Graduation, party with surprise visitors and an agreement made.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

Graduation! A mere few days away from when I become a vampire. But I am now feeling a little unsure. Not about Edward but about other things the people and the things I would be giving up... especially my twin. And then there's Edwards terms for me to become one of him by his turning.... Is it so bad? If I want to be with him forever anyway, why cannot I live with being married to the love of my life?

*Elena Swan in Eclipse*

Jessica is now saying her Valedictorian speech. I am in the middle of Edward and Bella, Jasper and Alice are a few rows behind us and our other friends are all around us.

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up," she begins reading her speech and as she goes on we laugh. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president or in my case... a fairy princess. When we were ten they asked again. We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows!" We all laugh, clap and cheer at that last sentence. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothings permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they ask what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know."

We all cheered. But her speech gave me even more to think about with the deadline on my human life coming to an end.

It feels weird as I walk up to the podium, after bella to get my diploma. I smile though as Charlie cheers as loud as he can as both of us go past.

*Elena Swan in Eclipse*

I cannot believe you have talked me into this," Bella says as I walk towards the Cullen's house and she drags her feet a little as she follows me. "The Cullen's and I are like vinegar and water, fire and ice and everything else that is complete opposites of each other."

"Bella!" I groan wanting her to stop being enemies with the Cullen's. "I don't want to spend my graduation celebrating without you... I am sure you can handle this for one night... You might have to get used to them being family anyway."

I had whispered the last part and I hear Bella glance at me and I just smile a little.

We enter, only the Cullen's are there right now.

"Elena!" Alice cheers as she comes over and hugs me. "Oh hello, Bella. Glad you could make it."

"Alice," Bella nods at her before looking around at all of the over the top decorations. "That's a lot of decs."

"Yes it is," Esme says with her usual warm smile on her kind face. "It's nice to meet you Bella."

Bella nods. "You must be... Esme?!"

I nod and Bella shakes her hand and everyone else's. Not long after everyone else starts arriving.

*Elena Swan in Eclipse*

The party is now in full swing. I climb the stairs to see everyone actually enjoying themselves to say no one really knew what a party here would be like.

Angela and Jessica approach me.

"You made it!" Angela says and we both hug.

"Hey!" Jessica greets as I hug her and when she pulls back she immediately begins to speak. "So what do you think of my speech? Too easy breezy? Too self helpful? You hated it?"