Chapter 5

Song - Sugar we're goin' down
Warning: contains smut/explicit sexual scenes, cussing.

(This is during katniss finding peeta. So when katniss and peeta find the cave it'll be around the same time the rain falls in this chapter)

(Cato's Pov)

Right after I got done injuring the stupid boy from 12. I immediately run back to the Cornucopia when I hear an explosion. Shit. This is why you don't leave idiotic people in charge. I charge toward the District 3 boy. "What the hell happened?!" I snap at him.

He looked afraid and scrambled for words. I feel my anger rise, first I lose the District 12 girl and now this?! Goddammit! In a rush of anger I snap his neck. I breathe softly before quickly going to find Clove. I frantically look for her. We were separated when the nest was dropped on us. Yes I care for her... I mean.. I'm scared for her. Doesn't mean I love her.

As I run through the woods I draw my sword when I hear a twig break behind me. I turn to look and see the short brunette I arrived with. I sigh in relief. "Clove. Where's Marvel?" I ask her softly.

She shakes her head and runs up to me. "He's dead. 12 got to him. He killed the little eleven girl. Then Katniss.. killed him." She practically hissed her name. She quickly hugs me tightly. I slightly smile at this and hug her back. "It's okay. I took care of Lover boy. He won't be a problem anymore. But that little miss 12 will be." I huff.

She nods "I know. But it's you and me versus her. She can't get us both. Plus.. her weakness is him. . We will get her." She reassures me calmly. That is until we hear three cannons go off. One for the District 3 boy of course. But we will have to wait til nightfall to know the other two. We hear announcements for two victors from the same District can win. We can go home! We both can be victors. I don't have to lose her. Not that I care.. I just.. think we can both have the glory...

We find huge cave, more like a hole in the cave wall.. I hear thunder and feel a couple drops of rain on my head. "Let's get inside. Tomorrow we can go hunting" I smirk down towards her.

We gather some wood before heading to the cave. It's more like a giant hole. It doesn't lead to anything and isn't too big inside but gives us just enough cover to stay out of the rain.

I check the cave for cameras and found there was two on either side.

(Clove's pov)

I look up at the sky and see Marvel's picture, the little girl from 11 and the boy from 3.

I look up to Cato "do you think we can both go home?" I whisper to him.

He looks at me and sighs "of course." He says softly, with a slight scoff. "Why wouldn't we? We trained for this, Clove."

I look up at him then lean my head on his shoulder, as I watch the rain fall. "We can both go home.. I know you like the glory to yourself.. but.." I stop, trying to think of what to say next. I remember what that softie boy from 12 told me. I shake my head, of those thoughts and look up at Cato. I'll kill that dumb bitch from 12 if it's the last thing I do.

She's the only one in the way of Cato and I going home. Since the boy in her District hasn't died yet. I look up at him, and slowly rub his arm. "Cato.. I know you don't like lovey-dovey bullshit. But.." I stop and kiss his cheek. He looks down at me somewhat surprised. "Clove.." he whispers.

I shush him with my finger. "Cato. I don't want to be a desperate quick, fuck.. ya know? Since I'm the only girl here with you.. right now." I look down. "I don't want to be that." I whisper softly.