Chapter 15

I realized I should have been writing their thoughts in italics 😅 I apologize for that.

Song: Therapy by All time low.
(I love this song)

☡Warning: depression, ableism, talk of attempted suicide, etc.

(Peeta's pov)

My eyes widen as I feel the familiar warmness of her lips on mine. Before I can wrap my arms around her she pulls away.

Right. Right. She just doesn't want to see me in pain. She uses her actions to rid me of my pain.. what she doesn't know is that it just puts me in more pain when I realize the truth behind the action.

I look away from her and whisper an apology. I hear her footsteps come close to me.

"Peeta. What are you sorry for?" She asks softly.

"For shouting at you.. for saying all of that.." I say softly and I start to play with the hem of my shirt, nervously.

"Just forget it okay..? It doesn't matter.." I stop and sigh softly. She stares at me questioningly. Oh right, I never actually answered her. "I drank because of Gale." I partially lie.

I drank because of everything. Not just Gale. But what Katniss encouraged with him. She thinks I'm a freak too.

I sit back down on the couch and rub my forehead. This headache is killing me.

She sits down as well and sighs. "I'm sorry about him.. he's.. just protective."

I scoff. More like controlling and aggressive. But I quickly nod. "Yeah.. I noticed." I whisper softly as I run my left hand through my hair.

"You know what they call you isn't true. Right?" She speaks up softly after a few moments of silence. I take a sip from my cup.

"The people around the District or what Gale says?" I ask, with a slight hint of sarcasm but just enough questioning tone so she won't pick up on it.

She looks down. "I wasn't laughing at what he called you.." she whispers.

I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Sorry.. what?" I ask softly.

"He said you lusted after me.." she stops and looks down. "I don't see you as one of those Merchant or Seam boys at school, who take girls to the Slag Heap.." She trails off and I see the smallest hint of a blush. Maybe?

I nod in understanding. "Yeah.. I'm not that low.." I whisper.

(Katniss' pov)

I need to leave. I need to go. Now.

I quickly get up and look at him. His cerulean blue eyes are so intensely sad. "I should go see if Prim is up.." I lie. She's still asleep, the sun is barely up.

He looks up at me and he nods. "Okay. Whenever you want or need me. I'll always be here.." he says softly.

There he goes again, being so kind, so caring of others. He is willing to take what little I had to give. He took the beatings from Gale, and barely fought back. He deserves so much better.

I nod to him. "Okay.." I move toward the door before he speaks up.

"Sorry.. just before you leave can you please go up to my room and get the lotion for my leg? It should be in the drawer next to my bed.. I don't think I can get back up.." he looks at me with a shy smile.