Chapter 29

Sophia's POV

The moment Andrew came and told us that both Rosie and Matthew are alive, I smiled for the first time in two months, but then he told us that Matthew was stabbed and that he is in the hospital. Andrew told us that the blade he stabbed Matthew with cut his lung, so he has hard time breathing. That is what made my smile fade. Then he told us his plan.

"I just need someone to be the bait."

Andrew looked at all four of us and made his decision. "Well, I know that all of you girls would do anything to save them, so none of you girls." He looked at Steve. "If there is one thing that I have learned about you Steve," he picked up Steve by his suit collar, "You always get the job done. Well Steve, I have a new job for you." Andrew threw Steve out the door and closed the door behind him.

Now the tears that have been waiting to come out of me came out. I want to be in Steve's place. I, not fully knowing who Steve truly is, think that he might hurt them. I don't want Rosie and Matthew to get hurt. They are very dear friends to me. I can't lose them. They are like family.

I want my family. I want to see Chandler again. I want Steve to help Rosie and Matthew, not help Andrew. I want to be at home. I want to see my brother, sister, and parents again. I want Chandler.

Rosie's POV

Although Matthew has a small problem with his lungs, the doctor gave him permission to help us. Although, Matthew has to drag an oxygen tank with him, but he doesn't mind.

Steve led us to where he has been kept for the last two months. It was a museum that is getting remodeled. The museum is right next to the greenhouse which was where our reception was. Matthew, Steve, and I all walked into the museum ready for anything... or so we thought.

The moment we are in the main hall of the museum, there is a gunshot sound, and a shooting pain in my right arm. The impact of the bullet makes me fall and hit the wall behind me. Both Matthew and Steve rush to my side.

"Rosie! Are you okay?" asked Matthew rather loudly.

Before I could respond, we heard laughter coming from around the corner. Andrew came out laughing and clapping slowly. "And you all thought that you were ready. I just can't help but laugh at your stupidity." Andrew points a gun at all of us. Matthew ignores the gun and takes off his jacket and starts tying it to my arm. Andrew starts to talk to Steve. "I expected more from you Stevie."

"Don't call me Stevie! To you, I am Mr. Wright!"

"You don't deserve the title of mister."

"Neither do you" said Matthew rather loudly for only having half of his lungs working properly.

Andrew looked at Matthew's back with rage in his eyes. "This isn't your time to speak!"

Matthew stood up slowly looking at Andrew. "I have every right to speak if I so please."

"Not here! In fact, you shouldn't even be here! You should be dead!" yelled Andrew.

"Neither should I!" I yelled standing up. "You tried killing me too."

"Same with me" said Steve "That same morning you tried to kill Rosie."

Andrew started to look angry. He lifts up his gun again pointing it to me. "Don't you see what is happening? You can't win! You have almost killed all of us and we are all still alive" said Matthew standing in front of me blocking me from the upcoming bullet. I start trying to push Matthew out of the way to make me the target again.