Chapter 21

10

I got into a running position.

9

Keep watch of the district 6 boy.

8

I think I'm gonna feel sick!

7

Ok, stay focused.

6

I wonder how Zander, Logan and Madison are going now...

5

No time to think.

4

Run fast and don't trip.

3

Get the sword and fight!

2

Here it goes then...

1

RUN!

I started sprinting to the cornucopia and was the first one there!

Thank you fast running!

I quickly grabbed the sword and looked up.

Angela was the next one coming and Jacob was to. I was still the first one here though.

I found a pack of knives and picked them up.

I know I'll regret this but if I want to protect the people I love I'll have to.

I saw the district 6 boy coming at me and through a knife right in his heart.

I cringed a bit but sucked it up.

I through some knives at the people getting to close to me and Jacob. And when they were right up close to me I would get them with the sword.

Right now Jacob was fighting with me and Angela. Now Angela will think he's joined the careers last minute!

We were fighting off the tributes until there were no more.

"Well, that was fun." Angela said.

I nodded and then looked over at Jacob.

He mouthed 'now' and I turned around to Angela.

She was going through the backpacks and had her back turned to me.

"I'm sorry" I said and before she could turn around I stabbed my sword in her.

She made a blood boiling scream and then went limp.

"It's ok, we had to do it" Jacob whispered in my ear and kissed my neck.

I nodded still looking at Angela's dead body in front of me.

She was just trying to get out of here, like everyone else. How could I do this? How could I be so horrible. How could the Capitol watch this for entertainment?

I shook my head and then pulled the sword out of her back.

"Ok, let's get some supplies and then start moving south." I said turning away from her and looking through the bags for things we could use.

"Mmkay" Jacob said and looked through them as well.

After about a few minutes we got some stuff we would need and then put them in the backpacks.

We got some weapons and I made sure to get a bow for Zander, and this sling shot thing for Madison.

"Ok we better clear out soon. The hovercraft is gonna come soon to get the bodies." I said pulling some of the bags we had on my shoulders.