Chapter 19

Zander POV

Was she gonna say my name? Does she like me? I swear she was going to say my name!

Who are you kidding? She doesn't even like me. And even if she did she wouldn't say it on the national TV. But she doesn't like me so that's just it.

I wish she liked me as much as I liked her...

"Can we have district 4 tributes now!" Someone yelled out and we all got up.

"It's ok" Clairsa said coming up and holding my hand even though she was just as scared as I was.

I just nodded and bit and waited for the doors to open.

It was funny because all the girls had to stand in a line in front of the boys. I wonder why.

Clairsa was in the middle and was holding one of Jacobs hands from behind her.

The bigs doors started opening and when they were fully opened we all started to walk.

Clarisa's POV

I was holding Jacobs hand even though he was behind me and kept closing my eyes to picture I was in a happy place.

The doors began to open and so did my eyes.

When they were fully open we all began to walk.

Everyone in the audience then gasped!

Why did they do that? We all kept walking and I was wondering why everyone was still gasping.

I looked up at the big screen and and saw the prettiest thing ever!

Us girls all had to walk in a line at the front because when we walk together the blue flowing dresses look like waves from the sea water! It was so pretty and I mentally thanked the stylist for coming up with something so good!

I pointed it out to all the others and they gasped as well.

I saw Clifton in the audience and he gave me a wink. I just giggled and mouthed 'thankyou'.

We then had to sit down and Caesar and the rest of the crowd cheered even more if that was even posable.

"My my. That was quit an entrance! Do you agree folks!?" He said and the crowd cheered which I would take as a yes.

"So, I'd like to talk about all your training scores. Clarisa, how on earth did you get that eleven? Your such a sweet and innocent girl I would have never even thought about the weapons you could use! I think there's gonna be a Johanna Mason this year!" He said.

Did he just say he thought I couldn't use a weapon? And why would he think I was pulling a Joanna Mason?

"Well Caesar, if I told you what I did how would it be a surprise?" I said mysteriously.

"Ooh, can't we all just have a little hint?" He asked.

I shook my head and said "sorry, no can do. You'll just have to watch very carefully."

The crowd did a little 'ooh' and I smirked a bit. Finnick said I should go for the mysterious but nice innocent girl look. I need to leave them wanting more but keep innocent and looking like I wouldn't hurt a fly. But when your on my bad side I could come at you before you even know its me.

"Well folks you hear that! We need to keep an eye on this one!" He yelled out to the crowd.

I giggled a bit and then held onto Jacobs hand. He looked over at me and chuckled a bit but nodded his head in approval.

"And I see that Clarisa wasn't the only one with a very high score! We also had Jacob Upson and Logan Bellhouse with scores of 10!" He said pointing to them.