Chapter 16

I looked down at the food.

Hmmmm, there was two really nice looking things! But which one?

"Well are you gonna pick?" The Capitol training centre lunch lady asked.

"Um, I don't know which one i should try." I said putting my finger on my lip.

"We'll you have to pick soon, there are people waiting." She said hurrying my up.

"Okay, okay, I'm thinking." I said

"She'll have that one." Someone said pointing to the rich flavored looking one.

I looked up to see Damian the Career leader. Whoopty-doo, this'll be fun.

"Trust me, it's good." He said.

"Uh, ok." I said unsurely.

The lady roughly pushed the food in my hands and rolled her eyes.

"Rude bitch..." I mumbled and she looked up at me and glared.

Damian smirked.

"Hey uh, I just wanted to ask you a little something, Clarisa." He said confidently.

"Ok, sure." I said back to him.

"We sow you fighting today, and well, I gotta say your good. I was just wondering if you wanted to join us, you know, be a career." He asked me and I froze.

Sure being a career gave me the chance to live for the first few weeks, but what if they turn on you or something.

Then I thought of a plan that could save Jacob, Logan and Zander's lives.

"Sure." I said

Before he could speak again I butted in.

"But, on one condition. Logan, Jacob and Zander stay safe for the blood-bath. After that you can go loose. But none of the careers can hurt them in the bloodbath, got it?" I said firmly.

He thought about it for a minute then nodded.

"Ok, but if we find them after the blood-bath there ours." He said

"Deal." I said extending my hand for him to shake.

He hesitated for a bit then shook my hand.

"Whatever, deal." He said.

I walked over with him to the careers table and I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

I looked over at Jacob and we made eye contact.

He gave me a questioning look and I gave him a tell-you-later look.

He nodded slowly and looked away.

I gave the other boys the same look and they both nodded as well.

I looked forward again and sat down next to Mason, even though he was a career, he was kind of the nicest one. Dumb. But nice.

Damian told them about not hurting Logan, Jacob or Zander in the blood bath and they didn't like it, but agreed anyway.

They talked some more and then soon enough the bell went again and we where back in the training room.

----------

-district 4 floor-

"So, why again did you join the careers?" Jacob asked pulling me somewhere no one would hear us.

"Well I have a plan that'll keep you, Logan and Zander safe for the bloodbath." I said.

"Care to tell" Logan asked out of no where with Zander and Finnck following behind him.