7.

C H A E Y O U N G

Weeks and weeks had past and I focused on my work. My schedule has been full of meetings and appointments, it's the worst for me.

"Ms. Chaeyoung, the board members are all inside the conference room already." My secretary said through the intercom.

I stand up from my chair and walk out of the office.

"Is my presentation ready?"

"Yes Miss and may I just remind you that your father is there too." She said that made me stop on my track.

"What?"

"He's there too Miss. He said he wants to check on the stocks too."

I nodded and continued to walk. Before going in the conference room, I took a deep breath.

"Good afternoon, shall we start the meeting?" I greeted as I open the door.

They all greeted me and my father just nod at me.

Why does he have to be here? Every time we are having an important meeting, he always goes here and that is making me nervous. He always objects or complains, every time he do that, he is making me feel like I am not capable of being the CEO.

The meeting lasted for two hours. All through the meeting, I was nervous, because dad might just butt in the middle of the meeting because he objects to everything. As the meeting ended, I was glad that dad listened to everything that I presented.

Everyone board members left and I am still here with my dad and Mina.

"Let's talk in your office." I heard dad said before he left.

As I heard the closing sound of the door, I released a relief breath.

"You did great Ms. Chaeyoung. I know you were nervous but your confidence is still higher than your nervousness."

"Thank you, I needed that."

At least Mina complimented me.

Mina knew that I don't get along with my dad. She knew that I am weak when my dad is watching me. Every time I fail in front of my dad, she still compliments me and tells me that I did great.

I walk back to my office and I saw my dad waiting there.

"What do you want to talk about dad?" I ask as I sat down on my chair.

"Your office changed." He randomly said.

"Uhm, I requested to change its interior." I said.

He nodded.

"Anyways, I wanted to tell you that you did great a while ago."

Did I hear it right? Did dad just say that?

"Thank you?" I unsurely said.

"Hmm, keep up the good work and I also want to tell you to go home to our house once your brother is back from the camp." He said and I just nodded, still in a shocking state that he told me I did a great job.

"I'll go ahead."

Can I scream? Scream from happiness. Like squeal.

"OH MY GHAD!" I shouted while smiling happily.

It's the first that dad told me a compliment. It's the first time he told me that I did a great job.

The door bursts open and it showed a worried penguin.

"Are you alright Ms. Chaeyoung? I heard you screaming." She worriedly said and I smiled at her.

"Ms. Myoui! My dad just told me that I did a great job! I'm so happy!"

She smiled.

"Told you Ms. Chaeyoung, you're doing a great job." She said.

"So, this is how it feels to be complemented by your father huh. Wow." I said and I heard her mumbled something enough for me not to hear.

"What?"

"Uhm, nothing Ms. Chaeyoung... Uhm, you are free already and I am also going out already."

"Oh? Is that so? Can I invite you to have dinner with me? Please?" She looked at me for a while before answering.

"Sure Ms. Chaeyoung."

Yes! A dinner date with her! It's a date for me, but not for her.

We grab our things and went down to the ground floor together.

"I'll just contact my driver to get your car and to bring it to your place." I told her.

I grab my phone and contacted my driver. Every time that I am at my house, I drive my car alone. After giving Mina's address to my driver, we step in the car and I started to drive.

Upon reaching the restaurant, we head in and find a table to dine in.

This place is one of my favorite. It's not that fancy and not that cheap, it's just average but the food they serve is more than  great than what fancy restaurants serve.

"Good evening, welcome to Fantasy Lane, I am Reese, I'll be your server for tonight. May I take your order?" The waiter said as we settle on our sits.

After stating our orders, she left and came back with two glasses of water. I look at Mina and saw her wandering her eyes around.

"Is it your first time here?" I ask trying to begin the conversation.

"Yes, I didn't know you also eat at not so fancy yet amazing restaurants." She said.

"Hm, I'm still a normal person you know. I like to eat at this kind of restaurant than fancy ones." I truthfully said.

We fell into silence again.

My mind is occupied right now with what should I tell her or what question would I ask her. I just want to talk to her without business-related.

"So, uhm, I'm just curious. Don't you have any plans in leaving Son Corp?"

"Actually no, I'm happy with my work. Why? Do you want to get rid of me already?"

"What? Of course not! If you ever resign, I won't allow you. Even if you beg for me to let you resign, I would beg you back to just stay." I honestly said and I saw her smile.

Such a beautiful smile.

"Don't worry Ms. Chaeyoung, I'll be your secretary until you get old." She said and giggled.

How cute! Can I just keep her forever?

Mina excused herself, she's going to the restroom for a while.

While I was waiting, I saw a familiar woman.

Isn't she the one who's with Mina at the grocery store? Her girlfriend? Why is she here? And she is with someone. They are holding each other's hands. And I think they are on their date.

What the heck? Is she cheating on Mina?