41.

A U T H O R

Three months, three months had passed away since Chaeyoung knew about Heejin being Mina's daughter. But in those three months, Chaeyoung hasn't got the explanation yet. 

She wasn't rushing Mina but day by day, her curiousness gets bigger.

In those three months, Chaeyoung continues to court Mina, she even included Heejin in courting.

"If I am courting you, then I am also going to win Heejin's heart, I can't own your love if I give importance to the person you love and cherish, right?" 

That is what Chaeyoung told Mina which flutters Mina's heart. She is glad that Chaeyoung includes Heejin in her life already and to the near future that will come.

Every time they go out and bring Heejin with them, people mistook the three as a family. Who wouldn't? They do look like a family that is enjoying their time together, just like yesterday.

Chaeyoung promised that she will bring Heejin to Lotte World, so they headed to Lotte World yesterday and enjoy the whole day being with each other.

"Ms. Handsome, thank you for making me and mommy happy." Heejin told Chaeyoung when the two were alone yesterday.

"I am glad that I can make you happy Heekie." Chaeyoung said.

Heekie was a nickname that Mina gave Heejin and only allow her mommy to call her that but as she gets closer to Chaeyoung, she allowed the cub to call her that which makes their friends complain especially Momo and Sana.

"You love mommy right?" Heejin suddenly asked.

"Yeah, I love your mommy so much." Chaeyoung confidently asked.

"If you love mommy, do you love me too?" The kid innocently asked.

"Of course."

"Am I important to you too like how mommy is important to you?" Chaeyoung is now being confused with Heejin's questions.

"Of course Heekie, you are very important to me."

"The will you promise me that you won't ever leave me and mommy and you won't stop loving us?" Chaeyoung can't stop but smile at what Heejin favored.

"I would never ever leave and stop loving you and your mommy. The two of you are already a part of my life, if the two of you were gone, I might be insane." Chaeyoung said.

One thing that Chaeyoung can't forget? This...

"I hope you can be my other mommy soon.."

Thinking about it, Chaeyoung would suddenly smile and if ever people might see her, they would call her crazy.

Just like now, Mina looks at her suitor weirdly.

"Chaeyoung, are you sure that you're still alright? I think I need to bring you to a mental hospital already." Mina joking said as Chaeyoung pouts.

"I'm not ill, I can't just stop smiling at what Heejin told me yesterday." Chaeyoung happily said and Mina looks at her curiously.

"Hm? What is it about?" Mina asked.

"Secret, it's just between me and her." Chaeyoung said.

Mina then smiled. She is happy that Heejin and Chaeyoung get along very well. Mina sometimes gets jealous over the two, it's because Chaeyoung gives her attention to Heejin and Heejin shows a new cuteness that she never shows towards her mommy.

"I'm happy that you get along with Heekie. You know, just thinking of telling you that I have a daughter makes me scared." Mina truthfully said.

"Why are scared of telling me? You know that I'll always understand you, I would never judge someone until I know their story." Chaeyoung said and look at the girl she's madly in love with.

Mina looks at the stars above before answering Chaeyoung.

"I know, but I was too worried that you would leave me."

"I won't leave you."

Mina looks at Chaeyoung in the eyes and saw how sincere she is.

It's time...

That is what Mina thought. It's time to tell her how she got Heejin.

"You know that I live in Japan, right?"

"Of course."

"Back there, I live happily with my mom, dad, and my brothers."

"Brothers? I thought you only have one?" Chaeyoung confusedly asked.

"I have two, the oldest is my half brother, and the one that everyone knows is my real brother." Mina said.

"Dad doesn't actually want me to pursue my studies here, but I begged him until he agrees. We had a deal that I will go back to Japan until I finished my studies but I didn't go back when I graduated." She continues.

"It's because I don't want to handle the company."

Chaeyoung frowns.

"I know you're confused, but I'll clear everything tonight, just listen to me." Mina said and Chaeyoung nodded.

"Myoui is my surname right?"

"Yeah." Chaeyoung shortly answered.

"Myoui is really known in Japan, it's because my dad, he owns the biggest company in Japan."

Chaeyoung eyes widen, she knows Mina's dad. Who wouldn't? Mr. Myoui is one great businessman, he handles his company well. They have great structures all over the world.

Chaeyoung never thought that Mina would be his daughter.

"You're more richer than me." Mina chuckled at what her suitor said.

"I'm not, my dad is."

"Why didn't you accept your father's request to handle your company?"

"I don't want to start being big Chaeyoung. I want to start fair, I want to start from the bottom until I reach the top goal I am aiming for."

"I stayed here because I feel free being here in Korea, being in Japan is suffocating. Dad, he treats us like his employees when he was supposed to treat us like his kids."

Chaeyoung was sad after hearing what Mina said.

"Dad was disappointed with my decision to stay here, so I tried to reach out to him so we could still be on good terms, after all, he is still my father. But now, he hates me, he hates me so much because I decided to help my brother out."

"Dad hates his first son, my brother said it's because he killed his mom when it clearly wasn't. How can a newborn baby kill its mother?"

Mina's oldest brother's mom died after she delivered the baby.

"My brother did his very best to make dad proud, but dad wasn't paying attention to him. My brother left the house before I go here to Korea. He builds his own company to show dad that he wasn't a failure. He was doing great with his company, it was also known but it came down because of dad."

"Dad doesn't like seeing his son being successful, so did everything to bring him and the company down. Dad is too obsessed with power already." Mina sighs.

"Dad... He ruined the success that my brother worked hard for. Dad ruined my brother's life, he ruined my brother." By now, Mina is shaking.

It is her first te sharing the burden that she has been keeping for a long time.

"I hate my father so much for what he did to his own son. I hate it, I despise him because of it."

Chaeyoung sat closer to Mina and holds her hands.

"I'm sorry to ask, but may I know what your dad did to your brother?"

"He killed him."