13.

M I N A

The days passed by so fast that today is now Saturday. It's early morning and I got a text from my boss.

From: Ms. Chaeyoung
Morning, don't forget that we are going to Tzuyu's, I'll fetch you at four.

To: Ms. Chaeyoung
Good morning too, isn't four too early?

After sending the text, I go out of my room to make myself some breakfast. This week is such a peaceful week, it's because Sana and Momo are not in the house.

While I was frying some bacon, my phone rings, I look at the caller and answered it after knowing who it was.

M: Unnie!
I: You seemed to be in a good mood, Mina.
M: Hmm, yeah I am. How are you? You sounded sad.
I: Well, I and Seul got into a fight.
M: Eh? What happened?
I: Let's not talk about it, so... Are you busy later? Let's go shopping.
M: I can't today unnie, we have some gathering later at Tzuyu's.
I: Aw okay, don't drink too much, okay?
M: Hmm, I don't have any plans to drink.
I: That's good, by the way, when is she going back home?
M: End of the month.
I: You miss her already, don't you?
M: Of course I do miss her. I miss her so much.
I: Aww, call her later, I'm sure she'll be happy to talk to you. Anyway, I'll go ahead. Enjoy later Mina.
M: Ne, bye unnie, you and Seulgi should talk already.

I became friends with Irene unnie because we were once living in the same neighborhood but now she moved out with her long-time girlfriend, Seulgi.

While I was eating my breakfast, I got a text from Sana and Ms. Chaeyoung.

From: Sanake
You coming later, right? Do want me to fetch you?

To: Sanake
Yeah, no need to fetch me.

I won't tell her that I'll go there with my boss, I know she's going to tease me about it.

Sana and Momo always tease about my boss, especially on the days that she was the one dropping me home. They say that I and Ms. Chaeyoung is a perfect match for each other. Sana even asked me why I haven't fallen for my boss yet when I've been working with her for many years.

Is it required to fall for your boss?

I'm not interested in being in a relationship, I'm happy being single and independent.

People would always ask me when will I have a special someone, and I would tell them that I don't have any plans yet in being in a relationship.

What's wrong with being single?

If I will fall for my boss? I will immediately fall for her, I mean, she's sweet, kind, humble, helpful... You can describe her with every adjective that shouts girlfriend material.

I choose not to fall to my boss or anyone else, I want to focus on myself more, I just want to be independent in my life. I know that being in a relationship doesn't mean that you are not independent, you are still, but it's like in a different level of independence.

From: Ms. Chaeyoung
I know, I'll treat you ice cream before we head to Tzuyu's house. Is that fine?

To: Ms. Chaeyoung
Sure, it is. See you later.

After sending the text, I eat the last piece of bacon and put the plates on the sink.

I'll wash them later.

I walk back up to my room and opened my computer to play some PC games.

Hours and hours of playing games, I forgot to eat my lunch. It's now two in the afternoon and I decide to order some Japanese food for my late lunch.