18.

A U T H O R

The next day came and Mina was the first one to arrive at the office. While she was patiently waiting for Chaeyoung to arrive, she received two texts, one from Chaeyoung and one from her brother.

From: Ms. Chaeyoung
Good morning Ms. Myoui, I'll come to the office late. Please attend the meeting at this moment if there are any, thank you.

'Hm? Late?' Mina thought.

Mina wonders why Chaeyoung would come late. It's the first time again in years that she'll be late, before, when Chaeyoung was still attending her classes in college, she always came late, but once she graduated, she always comes on time or sometimes earlier.

From: Oniisan
Mina-chan, sorry for just telling you this, but me and Heejin are now here at the airport. Can you pick us up if you are not busy? If no, we can just take a cab. Please reply ASAP Mina-chan.

'Airport? But they were supposed to come back here in two weeks.' Mina thought again.

To: Oniisan
I'm on my way Oniisan.

After sending the text, Mina grabbed her bag and immediately ride the elevator. Upon reaching the parking lot, she saw Nayeon who just got down her car.

"Oh? Where are you going Minari?" Nayeon asked.

"There's just an emergency, I'll be back quick, bye!" Mina said and rides her car.

Before starting the engine, Mina remembers to text Chaeyoung first.

To: Ms. Chaeyoung
Copy that Ms. Chaeyoung, don't worry, you don't have any meeting this morning. By the way Miss, I'm out of the office, I'll just run some errands, I'll be back at the office quick.

After sending the message, she immediately drives towards the airport.

On the other side, Chaeyoung is now in front of her father with her pissed expression.

"Why do you have to do that to your son? Don't you have any conscience? Why do you disown him just like that because he doesn't want to marry your friend's daughter?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Why do even care? I did that because he won't listen to me, he won't do as I say." Her dad calmly said that made Chaeyoung snorted.

"Dad! He is your son! Why do you care a lot about the company and money? Huh? You're not even the CEO anymore!" Chaeyoung angrily shouted at her dad.

Chaeyoung might be looking brave right now but she is scared from the inside.

"It's none of your f*ck*ng business Son Chaeyoung! Why are you even here?! You should be at the company already and make some money!" Her dad exclaimed that made Chaeyoung anger more.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath before talking.

"Dad, take away what you said to Jeong Hun. Let him live the life he wants, no forcing. Just... I'll marry the girl if that what you want." Chaeyoung said.

"I won't let you marry the same sex as you Chaeyoung. I don't want a disgrace in my family." Said her dad.

"Then you can disown me now." Said Chaeyoung.

"Why would I?"

"I am into girls. I am gay." Chaeyoung said.

"WHAT?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! YOU CAN'T LIKE THE SAME SEX AS YOU! YOU'RE SUCH A DISGRACE!" Her father shouted and slap Chaeyoung hard that causes her lower lips to bleed.

Chaeyoung felt the pain, but she didn't shed a tear. Because of the loud shouting, Chaeyoung's mother walks into the office with a worried look.

"What happened here?" She asked.

"Your freaking daughter is into girls!"

Chaeyoung's mother looks at her daughter and was shocked to see her daughter's lower lip bleeding.

"What did you do? Why would you hurt your daughter? Are you out of your mind?" Her mom asked her dad.

She is proud of her daughter because she finally voices out from her dad but worried because she knew that her husband will not agree on Chaeyoung's sexuality.

"So what if I am into girls?"

"So what?! It's not okay to like the same sex as you Chaeyoung! That is against the rules!"

"I don't freaking care about rules! I can't just dictate what my heart wants! Now! Let me marry your friend's daughter and took back what you told Jeong Hun or I would leave the company." Chaeyoung seriously said.

Her mom, once again look at her daughter.

"Chaeyoung, you don't need to do this." Her mother said.

Chaeyoung didn't move and just stare at her dad, waiting for what will he say.

Going back to Mina, she finally arrived at the airport and saw her brother carrying a sleeping Heejin.

"Oniisan, what happened?" Mina asked as she helps her brother carry one of Heejin's bag.

"Dad came home and he was so angry seeing Heejin there. Mom told me to bring back Heejin, she was so scared last night." Her brother said that made Mina pity the kid.

"I thought dad won't be home till next month?" Mina asked.

"He changes his mind." Her brother said.

Mina sigh.

Just like Chaeyoung, she is not on good terms with her dad. Her dad doesn't like the idea of her attending her studies here in Korea and living alone without her parents.

It got worst when Mina decided to stay in Korea and work there instead of going back home to Japan and work at their company.

Yes, Mina is rich, she is as rich as Chaeyoung. Myoui's is a well-known company in Japan. Mina was supposed to take over the company but she didn't agree. She wants to work on her own.

Her dad accepted that already and slowly getting along with her daughter but he got angry at Mina because of a decision she suddenly decided.

Mina tried to explain to her dad but he won't listen.

The last time she talked with her dad was when she did a decision that changed her life, a path that she took without hesitation.

Mina and Chaeyoung have something in common, and it is longing for their fathers' love and warmth.