12.

M I N A

Days had passed like a flash and in those days, I noticed that Ms. Chaeyoung is off. She's always in her deep thoughts and she always space out.

One of those days was when we were in an important meeting, she was spacing out the whole meeting.

It's so unusual to see her like this. I sometimes think that it's because of the talk she had with her dad in the office.

"So, that's all about the meeting ear- are you listening Ms. Chaeyoung?"

I'm basically explaining to her again the meeting that happened a few hours ago. This is my second time explaining it to her because, in the meeting, she was spacing out and so does when I explained it to her first.

Okay, I'm actually getting pissed right now.

I slump my hands on her table to catch her attention and I did, she flinched.

"Ugh! Sorry! Just... Just explain it to me some other time." She tiredly said.

I wonder what's making her like this?

"Is there something wrong Ms. Chaeyoung?" I asked.

"It's nothing, just something with the family." She said and I nodded.

"Everything will be alright Ms. Chaeyoung, I think you need to rest. You should head home already." I said.

"I'm okay, I still need to finish these." She said pointing out the checklist.

I grab the planner and drew something on each side of the remaining things to do.

"Penguin?" She asked when I gave it to her.

"Yes, that will be added from the signs. Penguin means that I'll finish the work for you." I said smiling and she stared at me.

Her eyes look so pretty...

"How about this?"

She showed me the checklist and I frown when I saw a cub drawing beside my penguin drawing.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Cub is me. Since you said that the penguin means that you'll do this, I added the cub. Penguin can't do these works without the cub."

I don't know but... I unconsciously smiled at what she said.

She's so cute. She called herself a cub, which she really is.

"Deal?"

I can't stop smiling...

"Deal." I said.

"Great then, let's start this, and oh, you stay here in my office when we work together." She said.

I was about to object but she made me sat down on the chair in front of her table.

We work together in finishing what is needed to be done. Once we are both done, we put down the pen and sigh as a sigh of relief.

"Thanks for helping me out." She said.

"Welcome, it's my duty to help you as your secretary." I said and smiled at her.

"Let's go, I'll treat you an early dinner."

"It's okay, you don't have to."

"But I want to. Come on, you can't say no to me." She said.

I then agree, I know I won't win.

After gathering our things, we head towards the parking lot and ride her car.

I still didn't use my car today because my car came back just this afternoon from being at the car repair shop for a week already.

Ms. Chaeyoung brought me to the place where we eat a few weeks ago. I really like it here, I'll bring someone here, I know she'll like it here.

While waiting for our order, we talked about random things. I enjoy talking to her, she's talkative but not so talkative as Jihyo.

"By the way, did Sana unnie already told you?"

"Told me what?"

"Tzuyu is coming back next week Saturday and they want us to be in Tzuyu's house to welcome her."

"Ohh, okay. I'll try to come."

"Try? You should really come." She said.

Hmm, I don't like socializing with other people, I mean, they are my friends too but I just don't like it when there are many people around and I don't want to deal with drunk Momo again.

"You should come. Please?" Eh?

Did the great CEO just said please and pouts in front of me?! Oh gosh! Wow! I've never seen her this cute! Wow! It's a pleasure to see the nightly cub pout and say please.

"Fine, I'll come." I said and she smiled.

"Great! I'll pick you up on Saturday so I know that you would really come." She said.

Does she think I won't go? Uhm... I keep my words...

"I'll go with Momo."

"Nope, Dahyun is going with her, Momo unnie will be at Dahyun's house next week, remember?" Right, how could I forget?

I would be alone in the house next week. Great! No noisy Momo or Sana around. Yey!

As our order came, we started to eat and talk less. Once we were done eating, we left and she drives in the direction of my house.

"Thank you." I said once we reached my destination.

"Your welcome, rest well, good night." She said.

"Hmm, good night Ms. Chaeyoung."

I waited for her car to leave before I head in.

As I head in, I saw Sana and Momo sitting on the sofa and smirking at me.

"Why were you with Chaeyoung and why did you arrive just now?" Sana asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm with her because you two kept on saying excuses so you won't fetch me." I said and they giggled.

"Have you eaten?" Momo asked.

"Already did, night." I said and walk upstairs towards my room.

Once I'm inside my room, I lie down on my bed. As I close my eyes, the image of Ms. Chaeyoung hugging me last time suddenly pops out.

Now I remembered again how her hugs feel. It may be weird but... It feels... I feel...

I feel safe when I'm in her arms...