fifteen. commitment

"i'll be waiting for you, sunshine."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

sunnydae

liked by wwiinn_7, do0_nct, hajoon_lee, and 1,364,119 others

sunnydae... he told me that he'd buy something for me and won't tell me what he's ordering. should i be worried?

tagged yuu_taa_1026

do0_nct... yes
   ↳sunnydae... thanks, i appreciate your honest answer

kangyeosang... you never hang out with me anymore. i'm canceling our friendship
   ↳sunnydae... :o are you joking?
kangyeosang... i don't joke. i only speak facts.
   ↳sunnydae... i'll buy you chicken
kangyeosang... friendship restored

babyjun... just date already

johnnyjsuh... bold of you to go out without inviting anyone else
_jeongjaehyun... don't be jealous
johnnyjsuh... i'm not :(

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

daehyun smiled as yuta handed him a skewer of meat. he bought them street food as they walked around a neighboring town that they decided to visit.

they walked together with daehyun holding on to yuta's arm. it had been a few days since they kissed and they had yet to officially say anything about it.

daehyun would ask about it, but he feared that if he brought it up it would make things awkward. so in conclusion, he decided to stay quiet and ignore it.

however, yuta's mind was racing as they walked through the crowds of people. he was up all night last night trying to figure out the perfect words to officially ask daehyun out and was still unsure if he could find the courage to say them aloud.

"daehyun?"

the smaller boy hummed and turned to yuta, giving him his full attention as he twirled the empty wooden skewer in the hand that wasn't holding onto yuta.

the japanese boy hesitated and looked ahead of them for a moment. he was regretting saying anything now that his collected thoughts decided to scatter into the hidden depths of his mind.

daehyun raised an eyebrow and nudged yuta with his elbow. "come on, don't leave me hanging here. what is it?"

yuta let out a nervous chuckle, "um, i just wanted to ask you...and you know, you don't have to say yes, but i would like it if you did..."

daehyun furrowed his brows and chuckled at yuta's rambling. "you're cute when you're nervous."

yuta smiled at him and untangled his arm from daehyun's so that he could hold his hand. "what i was trying to say was...will you go out with me? like officially, as my boyfriend?"

daehyun froze. he stopped walking and furrowed his brows while yuta moved to stand in front of him.

daehyun's mind was a mess of troubling thoughts. part of him was screaming at him to say yes, to agree to go out with the boy that he'd begun to fall in love with. the other part of him, the illogical and toxic part, told him that he couldn't say yes. his life was a mess that he didn't want to drag yuta into. every time something went right for him, it had a tendency to be ruined later on. his happiness was always taken away when he was younger, why would now be any different. he didn't want to lose yuta, but if he accepted to officially bringing him into his life, then he might get hurt. and daehyun wouldn't- couldn't let that happen.

"yuta..."

yuta tilted his head to the side like a puppy, unknowingly making it harder for daehyun to continue what he was going to say.

daehyun sighed and held yuta's hands tightly, "i really like you, yuta, but i don't know if i can."

yuta frowned but didn't let go of daehyun's hands like the boy expected, "if you really like me then why not?"

daehyun sighed and bit his lip, thinking of what to say to counter that question. it was a good question actually. why wouldn't daehyun go out with someone he really likes?

"i don't want to drag you into my messy life."

"i'm already in it, sunshine."

daehyun smiled slightly at the familiar nickname. "there's just so much going on and i don't want you to get hurt from it, but i don't want to lose you either. i just need to figure out how to make this all work"

yuta sighed and squeezed daehyun's hands, "i can help you figure it out. we can do it together, daehyun."

the younger boy frowned and shook his head. "this is something i think i should do alone. i'm sorry, yuta."

the japanese boy only smiled and nodded his head. "i understand, but remember that i'm always here for you. i'll be waiting for you, sunshine."