Chapter 31

Chaeyoung's POV

"Happy birthday Nana! Happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday Nana!" We all sang 'happy birthday' to Nana as before she finally blew her candle while we clapped as she smiled at all of us.

"Thank you everyone for greeting and coming here tonight to celebrate my 65th birthday with me this really means a lot." Nana said as she looked at all of us with a wide smile plastered on her face—she's still the same Nana who took care and loved me before when I was just little Katarina.

"And of course to my family who put all of their effort and love in making this celebration a blast and of course to my granddaughter-in-law Katarina dear thank you for making me and Sharons favorite thing as a theme you really know me and her too well." She said as she looked at me smiling which I reciprocated and smiled at her too and glanced at Mina who was looking at me confused—I'm sure she's wondering about what Nana said.

"That would be all everyone I hope you all enjoy the party!" She said her last word before going down the stage to proceed in talking to their other family member and also business persons that I know too.

"Chaeyoung glad to see you tonight!" Mina's grandfather exclaimed as he and his wife went close to out table.

"It's good to see you too Mr. and Mrs. Myoui." I greeted and bowed to them both earning a soft chuckle from both of them.

"Ayo~ Chaeyoung you drop the formalities already and just call us Nana and Paps like you always do before." Nana said looking at me as she patted my shoulder while I glanced at Mina who's looking over at us—she's wondering I know that.

"Oh haha I'm sorry Nana Paps, I just haven't seen you in a while." I said as I scratched my not-so-itchy nape smiling awkwardly as I know Mina will bombard me with questions later.

"I really liked the theme you used here, I'm sure your princess Sharon liked it too." Nana said whispering the last part to me and winked before walking away with Paps to go to their other business friends.

"How'd you get close to Nana and Paps?" And there I know she'll ask me—think fast Katarina!

"I met them last year at a business trip." I simply answered to not make her ask anymore questions and luckily she didn't and just focused on her food which I did too.

"Why didn't Sana and Momo came here by the way?" I asked glancing at her making her attention divert to me.

"Well Sana said that Tzuyu is sick while Momo she's on a photoshoot for Prada in paris." She answered and I just hummed to her as a response because I don't know what to say anymore.

"Chaeyoung come and join us later 'kay?" Dad said as he went to our table while I just nodded and smiled then he patted my back before walking away.

"Going to drink?" I heard Mina asked and I nodded.

"Don't drink too much okay? You have to come with me tomorrow." She said and I nodded again and smiled at her.

"Minari~" I muttered making her look at me so I held her other hand and caressed it.

"I can't breath." I said and she looked worried making me smile—she doesn't know what it means, we were still kids when I first told her that and because she got into an accident she doesn't remember anymore.

"W-what? Do you want to go to the hospital? I'll tell Kai to—" I didn't let her finish her sentence when I called her again and she still look so worried.

"I'm fine Minari." I said and now she looked confused and worried at the same time.

"But I thought you couldn't breath?" She said and I just smiled at her—a sad and also a happy one.