"It's fucking Kamino all over again."

"They're almost here, Red. There's already a chip in the shield it's going down. Just hang on." Bakugo begged, wanting desperately to provide any type of comfort to the bleeding man on top of him.

He'd watched him get beaten up for at least 15 minutes. And usually, that was nothing for the Unbreakable Red Riot. But he wasn't in his unbreakable form. He was all beautiful smooth tan skin and built muscles, not covered in his rocky armour. He was vulnerable and exposed and Katuski was going to kill those fuckers the minute he could move his arms again for laying a hand on his man.

Bakugo heard a loud crash and heaved a sigh of relief when he saw a flash of green.

"Deku's here too, babe. It'll be over soon." He said as calmly as he could. Kirishima whimpered as another lash struck his back but tried to nod causing a drop of blood to go rolling down his face and land on Bakugos forehead.

Bakugo's anger flared again but he tried to calm himself down, there would be time to rampage later.

Bakugo heard a couple loud cracks forming in the background, and a fragile hope began blooming in his chest.

"Were almost out, baby... I love you so much..." Bakugo soothed and Kirishima gave him a bloody smile through gritted teeth.

"Love y-you... t-" The redhead was cut off by a loud crack, his eyes going wide as he collapsed into his husband, only managing to narrowly avoid crushing Rene.

Bakugo was left watching in horror as the scene unfurled in front of him.

Grumpy shook out his blood-covered fists that had just probably shattered Kirishima's spine, producing that loud crack.

"Tough bastard." The Burly man grumbled out before grabbing Tear who seemed to be crying and disappearing into thin air.

Bakugo didn't notice any of that though. All he could do was stare at the bloody battered form of his husband, his partner, his best friend, sleeping- yes, sleeping in his arms.

That's all this was, his Kirishima was just sleeping in his arms, it was going to be fine. This was going to end just like how it had begun like any normal day. They were going to go home and Eijiro was going to open the door for him like the gentleman he was. Bakugo would scream at him for leaving his crocs in a messy pile again. They'd drink their tea in their favourite mugs and eat dinner in the living room cause their dining table was always littered with their reports and documents. Eijiro would sing to his favourite playlist and spin a grumbling Katsuki around like he had for the past 11 years. Nothing was going to change, he was going to wake up.

Bakugo felt his breath quicken and get shallow as black spots began to dance in front of his eyes.

He could feel the panic creeping up his spine even as Deku and his other friends raced towards them. Bakugo blacked out before the heroes could reach either of them.

When Bakugo woke up next he was in the hospital. He glanced wearily at the stark white walls a deep sense that something had gone wrong, filling his bones with dread.

"Kacchan?" A timid voice called out.

Bakugo was too comfortable being in this state of preconscious, to do anything else but nod. He knew that the minute he let go of the haze he was in there was a high chance he would get some news he'd never recover from. His gaze never left the ceiling even as Deku decided that recounting what had occurred like he usually did was the best course of action in this situation.

"The robbery attempt occurred on 26th September 2020, so yesterday. Civilian casualties-zero. The villains known as Happy and Joker were the only ones left on the scene. Happy, real name Emaro Hoshikage, seems to have died when we broke the barrier. Joker, real name, Midori Hoshikage, is currently in custody but given the state of mind she has sunk into, I don't think she will be of any use to us. Grumpy, real name, Moritsu Hoshikage, took off with Raido Hoshikage, alias-Tear. Their whereabouts are currently unknown. We have a team, lead by Earphonejack, tracking them down. You fainted shortly after due to the toll that quirk taken on you. They were part of the Hoshikage Orphanage so we plan to start our search there-"