"Thank you..."

~Back to Present~

Bakugo dragged his heavy, stinging eyes open, the fog that had taken over his brain as he unknowingly cried himself to sleep, slowly dissipating allowing the events of the day to flash before his eyes again.

"Ei!" He mumbled harshly and grabbed his phone. 5 hours had passed since he'd gone into surgery and yet no one had texted him. He let out a sigh of relief, no news was good news after all.

He wrenched himself off the bed, groaning at the soreness of his limbs. Now that he was a little more clear-minded and not in this hell where one piece of bad news came right after the other, he realised just how much of a toll that villains quirk had taken on his body. He shakily walked up to their cupboard and wrenched out two hoodies from Eijiros side of the cupboard. He shoved one hoodie, along with pants, socks and other necessities in a duffle bag and took the other one with him into the washroom.

Katsuki walked out freshly showered and in the slightly loose, well-loved, baby shark hoodie he'd gotten his husband on one of their many dates. It had become Eijiro's favourite and in turn Katsuki's favourite as it constantly smelled like the redhead.

Katsuki grabbed the duffle bag and headed towards the door. He took one last look around the desolate apartment and prayed that the next time he walked through those doors, it would be with his husband.

No one seemed to have moved from the time Bakugo had left the hospital, but Ashido seemed to be fast asleep in Sero's lap, lying uncomfortably over two hospital chairs. There were a few additions though, Mitsuki and Miyana were sitting on the opposite side of the corridor, Masaru sitting next to his wife. Kaminari was there too, Bakugo vaguely recalled Deku mention something about power overuse and how he was resting.

"You sure you should be here Sparky?" Bakugo's strained voice gruffed out, drawing everyone's eyes to him.

"Bakubro!" Kaminari breathed out, tears filling his already red-rimmed eyes and Bakugo instantly knew where this was going.

"Say you're sorry or some shit like that and I'm making Ei take your apartment privileges and spare key away." Bakugo said as he landed heavily next to the almost crying boy.

Kaminari sniffled a bit, a glimmer of a smile floating on his lips before it faded away.

A heavy silence filled the area again as everyone nervously glanced at the clock again and again. Time seemed to be crawling forward and it seemed like an eternity had passed before Hatsume walked out of the operation room. Her apron was covered in blood and she looked utterly exhausted, creases around her eyes that were definitely not there before she went in.

"We lost him for a second there..." She began, "But damn Katsuki. Your man is a fighter!" The tiny grin that crept up on Hatsumes face made new, happy, tears fall down everyone's faces, the tiny thread of hope still left, turning into a tidal wave.

"He's not out of the woods yet though. After all the blood he lost, doing this was highly risky, but, his chances are quite high." Hatsume continued and watched sadly as Bakugo's and Miyana's faces clouded over again, looking at each other worriedly.

"You know how much of a fighter he is Bakugo. Trust in that." Iida said from next to him, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you..." Bakugo mumbled. "Thank you both so much."

The couple somberly nodded before Iida was speed walking towards his wife.

"You have to rest now Mei. You've been on your feet for too long." Iida urged, one arm wrapping around her waist, while the other worked on untying her apron.