"Jokers... Blood?"

~Flashback~

Their day had begun just like any other day. They woke up at the same time, ran the same course, ate their usual breakfast and headed to their agency at the same time. There were no warning signs like in the movies, no stray black cats crossing their path or mugs breaking, it was just a normal sunny day.

Even the job they were called for was a normal one, a bank robbery of all things. They'd stopped hundreds of them before and that day hadn't seemed any different.

The first thing that went wrong was the number of villains reported. The villains had disabled the cameras so no one knew exactly how many were inside. They demanded 10 million dollars in cash within the hour or threatened to kill all of the civilians they were holding hostage. Their agency, Ground Riot, was informed and Bakugo and Kirishima headed straight to the bank.

They reached the scene 15 minutes later and immediately began asking for information. The police provided the limited amount they had but it definitely wasn't enough for two heroes to launch a full-frontal attack. The only thing they could do was wait for backup which was about 10 minutes away.

The quiet murmuring and planning came to a stop however when the clear sound of a whistle rang through the air.

"Oh ho ho! My my, look who's here to see our humble selves. If it isn't Mr number 2 hero and Red Riot." A slim figure with a smiling joker mask said, dragging something behind her as she sashayed out the doors.

Everyone immediately took aim, Red Riot hardening his skin while Bakugo popped a couple explosions in his palms threateningly. The woman just laughed and tutted at the display.

"Touch one hair on my head, and the pretty little baby gets it." She says evilly, turning slightly so everyone could see a sleeping baby strapped to her back, a dagger floating over the baby's head. Everyone tensed further but made no move to attack, they couldn't risk the life of an innocent.

The villainess throws her head back and cackles. "Yes... yes... that's right you little weaklings~ You can't touch me! You're all weak! You hold on to those petty morals of yours and never make the hard choice! What if I was the only villain here, would you forsake everyone in the bank just to save one baby? Tell me Heros, what would you do?" The villainess screamed out crazily, practically frothing in the mouth before suddenly going completely quiet, seemingly remembering something.

"Oh yeah. We found this in there." She said emotionlessly before pulling a body from behind her. The body of a young brunette boy collapsed in front of her, a bright yellow and green belt shining on his waist.

"Is that-?" Eijiro choked out. Bakugo's eyes widened as he took in the form of their newest recruit.

"Joe..." Bakugo muttered, thinking back to the bubbly young boy fresh out of UA. All the conversations they'd ever had, the nervous speech he gave when he approached them hoping to join, his dream of making the world a safe place for his baby sister to live in peacefully. Bakugo remembered the day, a couple weeks after Joe had become an official part of Ground Riot when he had walked into their office, soot on his clothes holding baby Rene, the only family he had left.

'Oh god, Baby Rene...' Bakugo glanced back at the baby on the villainesses back, and sure enough, brown hair like her brothers. Kirishima seemed to have arrived at the same conclusion, and gasped as a sheen of tears filled his eyes.

"How dare you..." He growled out, sparks exploding in his sweaty palms. The villainess looked straight at Bakugo before bursting out laughing again.

"I-I just remembered! This gnat belonged to you didn't he!! I cannot remember the insufferable bastard's name but... this little thing must mean a lot to you eh Ground Zero? Red Riot?"