14

~Louise to the side~

~Jess's POV ~

"No!" I squeal as Connor pours water all over me. "My hair is going to be a frizzy mess now!"

Connor laughs at me and turns back to the sink to refill the jug. We decided to bake a cake since we had all day. Zeke managed to get mix on the windows on the other side of the room. Connor was then tasked with the difficult job of cleaning it up before Matt gets home.

I watch as Zeke turns his head to Connor's beeping phone. "Zeke, can you read that for me?" Calls Connor from the other side of the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure, buddy. " Zeke takes hold of his phone and reads the message. "It's Matt."

"Is he okay? " I ask slightly nervous.

"Yeah he's um... Fine." Answers Zeke carefully. "Connor, catch. " Says Zeke as he throws Connor's phone to the other side of the kitchen. I wince, half expecting him to miss and it end up on the floor. Smashed into a million pieces. But it lands in Connor's hand cleanly.

As he reads the text, Connor mumbles something under his breath, too low for me to her. Although I think Zeke heard him and he nods his head in agreement.

"Right, Jess. What do you want to do while this cake bakes? " Connor asks, turning to face me. He's obviously trying to get my mind of Matt's text.

"I want you to tell me what's wrong with Matt." I say to Connor sternly.

"It's fine. He's okay. " Zeke interrupts, but he receives the death glare from me and he shuts up immediately.

"Tell me what is wrong. " I half growl. I was so worried about Matt. I just wanted to know what was wrong with him.

"Drake showed up at his classroom. Matt says he left, but he wants us to keep a really close eye on you. Just in case he shows up." I feel sick to my stomach.

My father, Martin.... Or Drake, whatever he's called, is now targeting Matt to get to me. "The only reason I told you Jess, is because it would kill me if someone was hiding something about Louise from me." I turn to look at Connor, only to find he is now right next to me.

Downside to werewolves. They are deadly silent. You never know when they're going to turn up behind you.

Zeke sits down at the table, opposite to me. He has messy brown hair and blue eyes. Zeke is quit slim and and not short but not overly tall. Where as Connor is very tall and is very muscular. He has broad shoulders and a clearly muscular body.

"Louise?" I ask.

"She's my mate. Actually we're married." He says, pulling a chain out from under his shirt. A silver ring hangs on it.

"Werewolves get married? "

"Of course we do." He says laughing and ruffles my hair wet hair.

"Why do you keep it round your neck?" I say, slightly confused, patting my hair back down.

"When I turn in to my wolf, it remains hung around my neck. If I were to wear it on my finger, it would shatter in to a million pieces when I change. " He explains and a pained look washes over his face but he tries to hide it quickly.

"Connor, what's wrong?" I ask. I've only know him a few hours but I'm already quite fond of both of them.

"I just feel a little sick. I haven't seen her since yesterday. " Connor fiddles with the ring that hangs around his neck.

"Invite her round then, dumb ass. I'm sure Matt won't mind. "

"She's looking after the kids." Says Connor and I give him a strange look.