22

My wolf hearing picks up the near silent, full of fear, gasp from Jess. I stand up, fighting against every voice in my head to grab hold of Jess and take her to safety.

"Mr Woods, please will you step outside of the class room. " I say as calmly as I can.

"Shut the fuck up, Matthew Reeves!" Snarls Will. "You've already stolen my girl, can't you cut me some slack? " He roars.

"I have no idea what on earth you are on about, William." I defend myself quickly.

"Jess come on, baby, you have to come back to me! " He shouts desperately and I see Jess shrink back in to her chair scared.

I need to get Jess out of here. "Miss Smith, please will you go down to the office and remain there for the time being. Just while we get Mr Woods under control. And ask for the head teacher to come to my class room. " I say in my teacher voice.

"Um y-y-eah. Of course, Mr Reeves. " She stutters and stands up, heading for the door.

As she passes me, using my wolf speed so no one will see, I take my keys out of my own pocket and slip the keys to my Camaro in to her own pocket. Jess looks at me and I nod subtly before turning to deal with the current problem at hand.

I shut the door behind me as we enter the corridor, parting myself and Will from the dumbfounded mutters that are being thrown around the classroom.

I watch as Jess hurries down the corridor to the office. She will then go home and I'll text Zeke and ask him to come and watch over her and make sure she's okay.

"William, what do you think you are doing?" I snap.

"Payback. " He slurs with a sloppy grin on his face.

"Why would you do this to Jess?" I whisper - shout.

"She needs to learn that I am her mate, not you." He says waving the half empty bottle around. Just then, Mr Dawson, the head teacher, rounds the corner.

He is the definition of scary. Even though he is young, he holds himself with so much confidence and authority. The way he looks at you, sometimes you feel about two foot tall. Mr Dawson's eyes are just so cold. This school really is his Kingdom.

"William Woods! What do you call this?" He asks utterly flabbergasted.
"Mr Reeves?"

"Mr Woods entered my room clearly under the influence of alcohol. He then starts to shout at Jessica Smith. I sent her down to the office, but she is in such a state that I believe they may send her home." I explain very formally.

"I see." Mutters Mr Dawson as he eyes Will warily. "I'll deal with him now. "

"Okay, thank you for getting here so quickly, Mr Dawson. " I say with a nod of my head as he steers William to the first aid room. He can sober up in there.

I turn to go in to my classroom. I open the door just as I do, the bell goes signalling the end of form time. Saved by the bell. Literally.

I pass the students who are leaving my room and flop in to my chair, burying my head in my hands. Then I remember what I need to do.

Reaching for my phone, I text Zeke.

I know I've asked so much of you recently, but I'm worried for Jess. Could you please go to my house and keep her company. I'll get home as soon as I can. ~Matt.

Until Mia cleared her throat, I forgot she was in here. She's in my form and my Thursday first period class. Jess would normally be in here.

"Do you know what happened in these past three days? " I ask, turning to look at her.