Chapter 15

-4 months later-

Its been four months since the date that Jake took me on and I've been the happiest I've been in awhile and today is the day I find out what I'm having to say I'm excited is an understatement I cant wait. I really want a boy and Jake does too. Ryan has sent some money through the mail and I went by his parents house to give them the updates on my pregnancy. Yes he told them about a week after he showed up at my house. They called me and asked me if it was alright if they could have a part in the baby's life and I told them that I didn't want them to have the baby calling them grandma and grandpa because me and Ryan isn't together anymore and I want Jake's mom to be know as the grandma because he has been there for me and the child all this time. They agreed to this and said they didn't care as long as they got to have some part in their grandchild's life.

Jake walks into the kitchen and sits down and starts talking to my dad about fishing and hunting all that guy stuff you know. I walk into the kitchen and fix me some break-feast and they both look at me and stare. "What are y'all looking at?" and they clear their throat and daddy and Jake both speak at the same time, "You just have gotten so big in the past few months." And my mouth drops open and their mouth both drop when they realize what they just said and they make it sound better "That baby is gonna be a big one we didn't mean it in a bad way, you actually look good pregnant." And Jake stands up and wraps his arms around my stomach and rest his hand on my belly. I felt so conformable in his arms.

After we get done eating break-feast Jake asks me if I'm ready to go yet and I nod my head "Yeah lets go." And I walk out of the door skipping because I'm so excited. We get into the car and Jake dives toward the doctor office. The whole car ride there was nothing but silence and he held my hand all the way there. When we pull up to the office and he grabs my hand tighter and looks at me and asks, "Are you ready for this?" and I nod my head "Yes I cant wait what about you?" he looks out the window and looks back at me and smiles I can tell he's nervous and I am too to tell you the truth. "Yes I'm ready for this and if I wasn't I would have to be cause we have to find out anyway." and I let out a laugh. "Well lets go then." 

We get out of the car and walk into the front office door and look around, there is a lot of women in here some didn't even look pregnant and some you could really tell. I walk up to the office and a sweet young lady looks up, "Yes may I help y'all?" "Yes Alex Harper here to see Dr.Lisa we're here to find out what we are having. "Aah yes just have a seat and she will be right with you." And she gives us a sweet smile and we take a seat and Jake looks around then he finds the magazines. He picks up one and looks through it and then when he finds something he pokes me in the arm and tells me to look.

"Look Alex this is what our baby looks like right about now!" He looks so excited and when I look at the picture I cant believe what I see. I can see that the baby has fingers and toes and the one in the picture is sucking its thumb and he/she is curled up and I can see the umbilical cord. I cant believe that's what my baby could possibly look like right now. I really cant wait to go back now just from the picture of someone else baby I'm already in love with my baby. Me and Jake stare at the picture until I hear our name being called and we shoot up out of our seat and sprint to the door where the doctor is standing and she laughs at us.

"Are y'all guys ready to get to see y'all's little one?" and we smile at each other and nod our head.

"Yes we cant wait we want to know what we are having!" Jake says out in a hurry and she leads us to this room where the lights are off and one bed and some chairs and a bed and a machine beside it. 

"OK Miss.Harper I need you to lay down on your back and pull your shirt up so I can see your belly."

"OK" and I lay down and pull my shirt up so my belly is showing and Jake looks at it this is the first time he has seen my stomach without my shirt over it. "Oh my goodness Alex your belly is so cute!" and I smile at him, "Thanks baby."

The nurse clears her throat and grabs this tube of gel. "OK Alex honey this is going to be cold but it will warm up." She squirts the gel on my stomach and it catches my breath. "Whoa" and they all laugh at me. She sits down on the chair and rubs this hand held device over my stomach and on the screen I can see the inside but I don't see my baby anywhere. I start to get scared when all of a sudden I see this body so small and its looking at us. "Is that our child?" we both ask at the same time. "Yes it is and lets see if I'm able to find the sex of he/she but while I'm doing that y'all can hear the heartbeat." After she says that we hear this noise and I start crying, Jake grabs my hand and kisses it then my forehead. We sit there for a couple minutes and just listen when the nurse looks at us and smiles. We both look at her and she says, "Well guys are y'all ready for this?" And we both look at each other and nod our head "Yes we sure are ready." She points to the screen and that's when we see it.

__________________________________________________

So guys sorry about the cliffhanger but I had to do it! Hope y'all are liking this book I hope it goes somewhere and more people will continue to read it, it would mean so much to me.

Vote

Comment y'all thoughts on what the baby should be GIRL or BOY?

And continue reading to find out more what happens Love y'all have a nice week!