Chapter 5

The doctor visit......

        I'm sitting on the doctor bed and I have that gown they make you wear that everybody hates. And the doctor walks in and ask's me what was I in here for.

    "Every since three days ago I've been sick and throwing up."
   "Well,Miss.Harper I need to ask you a couple of questions. Do you have any health problems that you know about?"
    "No, not that I know about."
    "OK have you had sex in the past couple of month's?"

   I see April looking at me and I blush and look back a the doctor.
    "Yes last month on the third."
    "OK did y'all use protection?"
    "Yes I'm on birth control and he used a condom. I can't be pregnant doctor, I just can't be!"
    "We just need to check just in case Miss.Harper."
    "Ok"

    He gives me a cup to pee in and after I pee in the cup I give it the assistant and she tells me to go back in the room and wait. I do and April just looks at me.

    "WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU HAD SEX ALREADY!?!?!"
    "I didn't think it would matter and I haven't been around you to talk to you about anything much. I'm sorry."

  "It's fine I just wish you would have let me know. Do you think you are pregnant? I hope not."

"We did everything we could, I don't think I am to be honest."

   The doctor comes in and he sits down and he pulls out a paper and he looks at me. "Miss.Harper I have some news for you and I'll tell you now that you are pregnant and you are a month along. Come back next month on the 5th and find out your due date. Any more questions?" 

        My world stopped. "No thank you that's all." And I got dressed and walked out of the office and got in the car and went home. The whole car ride I didn't speak to April.When we got to my house I went and layed down and told April to call me tomorrow. I didn't know what I was going to do now. I decided I'll just face this all tomorrow so I went to bed.